Lets see pic of your trucks

Ken_Hart

• 2 weeks later...

This is my 53 Dodge that was used in our moving business. It must have not been used to much, as it only has 17,000 original miles. It was parked in the back corner of our building in 1969 when I was a kid and sat there until my retirement a few years ago. Everything is original on the truck, and it runs like a top.

IMG_1219.JPG

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

14 hours ago, Larr991 said:

Thank you, I appreciate that! I intend to keep it that way! I kind of wish it wasn't painted, but I understand why he did it to match the rest of the fleet.

Wow, just wow!  He is a thing of beauty!

• Thanks 1

I doubt there is another B series COE truck with that low of mileage and still as factory built.

A wonderful truck!?

• Thanks 1

I know it has the bigger 6 cyl in it. There must be a way to tell with serial number on rearend?

Edited by Larr991

Your truck should have the larger 265 engine in it as it is a 1953...J or K serirs...(6 lug nuts)

If it's a "J" series it has a 2 speed Eaton 1350 series rear axle with the most likely ratio of 5.83/8.11.

If your truck is a "K" series 2-1/2 tonner I cannot remember off the top of my head the ratio's offerered...I'd have to look it up.

The K Models used the Eaton 1650 series 2 speed axles...pretty sure on that part.

The axle ratio is stamped on top of the differential case.

The truck model/ wheelbase, HP etc. Is on the drivers door hinge pillar.

Edited by Dodgeb4ya
  • Thanks 1

Some specs on the B4 series COE

J and K  models...

20230106_182844_GhVw05oD36.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20230107_101946_jHeSLV0a0J.jpeg.a35d1866ea315331833d1d0be62c07c5.jpegOh oh....you don't have the bigger COE...no 265.

The pillar tag is a must!

It's a 2 tonner.

Yours has the 251.

Here's your specs....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

the moving truck is fantastic.  not that i'm doubtful, but if it was parked in '69, that's 16 years of use, and to only have 11,000 miles, what kind of moving did the company do?  across the street only?

i travel through binghamton a few times per year.  i would love to take a side trip to view this sometime, it is a treasure.

1 hour ago, wallytoo said:

the moving truck is fantastic.  not that i'm doubtful, but if it was parked in '69, that's 16 years of use, and to only have 11,000 miles, what kind of moving did the company do?  across the street only?

i travel through binghamton a few times per year.  i would love to take a side trip to view this sometime, it is a treasure.

Anytime you want, let me know. I will tell you the whole story on this truck, and why it only has that many miles. Understood this was for pictures only, and it kind of got carried too far. Also have a 46 chevy 2 ton with 30,000 miles on it, can tell you why and what about that. For your info we ran the east coast, moving. Maybe one of the moderators can delete my whole section here. Sorry if i caused any disruption here.

Edited by Larr991