Lets see pic of your trucks

Ken_Hart

21 hours ago, FlashBuddy said:

Dottie looks to have some real potential. Would you mind taking a close up of the spare tire holder? I haven't seen one like that before. That can't be original, can it? Did they move the spare from under the bed after 1950?

Larry,  my 51 B3B had the spare under the bed.  

I'd like to seem closeups of the hooks on the bed side walls :)

Dottie looks like she's been taken care of over the years.

12 hours ago, JBNeal said:

B-series did not have a factory side mount spare tire, but I've seen plenty of homemade and JC Whitney-style side mounts.

My 51 originally had the under bed style but some PO bashed in the passenger side fender and place a spare tire mount on the side of the bed.  Needless to say I opted to go back to the under bed style :)

On 9/29/2021 at 11:04 PM, Norax1955 said:

Well, the labor of love continues.... Frame has been gone through, repaired and painted. Engine and trans completed and running great. Front axle redone with NEW springs, kingpins, and wheel cylinders. Picking up the new springs for the rear tomorrow at the spring shop. Now.... if I could just find a new front brake drum to replace the broken (yes broken) one, sigh. Darn 6 bolt patterns!

IMG_3953.jpg

Winter has set in for the Great White North! Chassis is out in cold storage so I can keep the tractor warm, but just enough shop space to start doing some body repairs.....first item..... repair the rear cab mounts that had been pushed right through the floor pan!

IMG_4148.jpg

IMG_4147.jpg

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, ggdad1951 said:

20211221_212944.jpg

What a great photo! Man, I need to get my butt in gear for a calendar one of these years…..

dibs on the bungee cord ?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ggdad1951 said:

some pics of my most recent purchase....I call him "Parts"

Glad to hear your search is finally over! Sorry for not being able to help you out with a trailer. It's still loaded with marine engines, sitting in the pole barn.

This is my '41 Plymouth that I've had since about 1969. My father got it in a trade for a mid '50's Chevy truck on it's way to the junk yard. It yard drove at the time but was nowhere near road worthy. I started working on it in the mid '70's but with kids coming along and work (construction) it kept getting pushed a little deeper into the "I'll get around to it" file. Retired now and moved into our new home it's time to get this project moving again. Bodywork guy's coming so I put the sheet metal together for fit and to give him an idea how it all goes together. 

Thanks for looking and being a carpenter by trade I'm gaining a lot of knowledge and information from this forum.

Jeff

DSCN5569.JPG

DSCN5566.JPG

DSCN5571.JPG

• Like 5

14 hours ago, Brent B3B said:

What a great photo! Man, I need to get my butt in gear for a calendar one of these years…..

dibs on the bungee cord ?

I like it too.  Still playing with the night time picture options on the new phone.  I can always supply the source picture.

On 12/27/2021 at 11:42 AM, ggdad1951 said:

some pics of my most recent purchase....I call him "Parts"

I will call him "DONUT".....because you like him so much, you'd "eat" him up until he's gone. 

Its a play on the words "Donor Parts"...."Donor Purts"...."DonoPurt"...."Donut".....!!

48D

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...