Lets see pic of your trucks

Ken_Hart

2 hours ago, Norax1955 said:

My new project..... a DE2-26 Windsor build 1 ton.

IMG_3674.jpg

Gawd,but how I LOVE solid original "survivor" cars and trucks!

Don't get me wrong. If I buy one that is starting to rust-out/fall apart,I am all for restoring it to like new condition,but I love to see people just do what they have to do to preserve an original one to keep it from deteroiating,fix it mechanically,and drive the hell out of it.

I have a 33 Dodge 4dr that I bought from a guy that lives in a place called "Cold Water,Michigan". Saw the photos,didn't really believe it was as solid as it looked,but the opening bid was low,so I placed it. I can't understand to this very this very day why no one else bid,but damned if I didn't win it for the low-ball opening bid.

So off I go from NC to Michigan,pulling my trailer. I almost wet myself when we pulled it out of the garage into the light of day and I saw how solid it was. Not only did it come with a 318/auto out of a 74 Dart,the original engine and transmission came with it,as well as a matching title. About all it was missing was the radiator,windshield frame,and a gauge out of the dash. ONE small spot at the right rear bottom line is the only rust on the car. The upholstery was even excellent until the owner tore

loading spare parts in the front seat.

These photos were taken by me after we rolled it outside. 

I was a giddy as a school girl when I saw how solid it is.

Going to paint the front fenders and try to get them to look like the rest of the   green,put a 1955 230 w/  Edgy head,cam,cast iron headers,and 3 carbs in it because I already have them,and drive it just like it looks in the photos. Other than putting the bumpers on it,of course.

Found and bought a nice original radiator from a guy hot rodding one,a nice windshield frame and windshield from someone else,and even found and bought a really nice period original trunk to strap to the luggage rack. Never got around to looking for the missing dash guage yet,but I will.

I honest to GAWD wouldn't trade it straight across for a new Porsche. 

Here is where I  break your hearts. I got it with a clean title for $3500.

There is just no rational explanation for why I was the only one to bid on it when it was on EBAY. It ain't like nobody else saw it.

My new truck sits outside in the yard,and my 33 Dodge 4dr is safe and secure inside my heated and air-conditioned garage. Unless I make a road trip with it after getting it back on the road,it will never spend a night outside.

BTW,yes,I did get the original  Dodge engine with it,but it is slam worn out,and the 55 Plymouth 230 has more power,doesn't need a total rebuild,and is a direct bolt in with no modifications. 

Did I mention that I LOVE this car?

L-FRONT.JPG

R-REAR.JPG

Edited by knuckleharley
  • Like 6

So my 51 got the safety inspection yesterday, and it passed. I was pretty sure it would, lots of new stuff in the undercarriage. I never realized how many people like the old stuff, until i drove it to town to check the mail. Lots of smiles and thumbs up. Wheels gotta go. Im way oversize and its a dog on the highway. Sad about that, i like the look. 

26445D61-C721-4C7D-80CC-BEA40BAA4270.jpeg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tooljunkie said:

So my 51 got the safety inspection yesterday, and it passed. I was pretty sure it would, lots of new stuff in the undercarriage. I never realized how many people like the old stuff, until i drove it to town to check the mail. Lots of smiles and thumbs up. Wheels gotta go. Im way oversize and its a dog on the highway. Sad about that, i like the look. 

26445D61-C721-4C7D-80CC-BEA40BAA4270.jpeg

Well,they sure do look good on it,but I don't see much room for suspension travel.

BTW,did you paint the logo on the doors?

16 hours ago, knuckleharley said:

Well,they sure do look good on it,but I don't see much room for suspension travel.

BTW,did you paint the logo on the doors?

Not much of a suspension to begin with,left with 3” in front and 5” in the back. Front is smooth as i had springs made for rubber bushings instead of the steel on steel. 

yes, a buddy cut some stencils for me. Im on the fence about distressing it. 

5 hours ago, Tooljunkie said:

Not much of a suspension to begin with,left with 3” in front and 5” in the back. Front is smooth as i had springs made for rubber bushings instead of the steel on steel. 

yes, a buddy cut some stencils for me. Im on the fence about distressing it. 

I hope at some point you plan on doing something to keep it from rusting away?

Just now, knuckleharley said:

I hope at some point you plan on doing something to keep it from rusting away?

Clear coat. Waiting on the shelf. Plus i likely will park it indoors. I have tons of room for kerping my good stuff out of the weather. 

• Like 1

My 52 B3B. My grandfather bought it on October 21, 1952 for $1,634.81 to use at his auto repair business. He told me when I was about 10 that it would be mine one day and I inherited it in 1975 with just under 48,000 miles on it. Work, kids, life, I just got around to the restoration thanks to the pandemic lock down. My goal was to put it back just like it was the day he got it. That's him at his shop in the early 60s.

IMG_2003 (1).jpeg

IMG_0303.jpeg

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

Awesome!

Cool pictures of your dad and truck.

Wonderful restoration of his...now yours .....truck?

54 minutes ago, ovg said:

My 52 B3B. My grandfather bought it on October 21, 1952 for $1,634.81 to use at his auto repair business. He told me when I was about 10 that it would be mine one day and I inherited it in 1975 with just under 48,000 miles on it. Work, kids, life, I just got around to the restoration thanks to the pandemic lock down. My goal was to put it back just like it was the day he got it. That's him at his shop in the early 60s.

IMG_2003 (1).jpeg

IMG_0303.jpeg

Is the bed black or blue?  Hard to tell!  Sweet truck, good job!

Just now, ggdad1951 said:

Is the bed black or blue?  Hard to tell!  Sweet truck, good job!

Originally, the bed was black. My grandfather did a respray of the whole truck to cover his business logo and (five digit) phone number when he retired in 1965.  I preferred the single color so I had it repainted that way while it was apart. 

• 3 weeks later...

Holy~Cow!!!!!!!

That is beautiful. What a fantastic looking truck. And it's "my" color!  

(We just sold our boat and a Truck Driver from Levittown, PA pulled it to the East Coast for us. John Zook Trucking.) 

6 Months?

I hate you!

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...

truck picture B-1-B-108:

Spent some quality time cleaning out my pb account and putting lower resolution pics in albums on this site, found this pic of the '48 from January 2004, with my '92 D250 in the background...good times :cool:

large.48Dodge.JPG.5ffafccdb829dcafc1887f947c04c9c4.JPG

Edited by JBNeal
added information
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...