Lets see pic of your trucks

Ken_Hart

5 hours ago, Trucker Tim said:

We had to sell our lil "48" sedan but still enjoy the Dodge M37.

Sort of like to have an old truck to drive daily but ain't in the budget. 

zzz-DSCF3553 (568 x 426).jpg

You seem to have done a 1st class restoration on that truck and trailer,but unless you have arms and legs like the Hulk,those things are NOT a lot of fun to drive. Takes two men and a small boy to turn the steering wheel at slow speed,and both feet to stop it.

• Like 3

Here is a photo of my only Dodge truck. It is a 1937 1 ton,and I have been led to believe that Dodge sold a TON of these things to the military in the 30's. Many had 4 wheel drive. The 1 tons (and I am assuming the 3/4 tons) looked like this from 1937 to 1939. Air-conditioning was provided by the crank-out windshield. Dodge also sold a lot of these things in the larger versions to farmers. No real market for a 20 year old + flat bed farm truck,so there are still a lot of them sitting in remote fields on remote farms,even today. Can't sell them for scrap to make enough money to justify the trip to the scrap yard and back,so there they sit.

I have another of these trucks with the 2 ton chassis under it that I bought for parts. Sold the engine and trans to a guy in Texas that was restoring a old farm truck that was missing it's engine. He scored big on that buy because when I pulled the engine I noticed it was a factory replacement engine with no serial number stamped in the boss. He can stamp it with the numbers on his title,and have a matching number restored truck!

Haven't heard from him since he got the engine and trans,so I am assuming he is happy with it.

I always thought the cab and chasis would make a cool hot rod truck by "z-ing" the chassis front and rear,put a 6 foot flat bed stake body on the back,a 1 ton straight axle up front,and a turbo Cummings in the engine bay. Run it with no hood or fenders and the headlights bolted to the sides of the grille shell,and have chrome exhaust stacks running up the back of the cab. How freaking cool would THAT be?

I'll never do it,though. I'll just put it up for sale when I'm done getting the bronze one redone.

L Front.jpg

R Front.jpg

Edited by knuckleharley
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, knuckleharley said:

You seem to have done a 1st class restoration on that truck and trailer,but unless you have arms and legs like the Hulk,those things are NOT a lot of fun to drive. Takes two men and a small boy to turn the steering wheel at slow speed,and both feet to stop it.

Started my driving carrier in a cabover Mack. No power steering. No air conditioning. The M37 drives like a Cadillac compared so some of the rigs I drove back in the day!!! That said, I do keep her greased up to the max! Thank You for the kind words. 

Edited by Trucker Tim
Addition to statement.

• 1 month later...
On 9/8/2020 at 6:59 AM, Trucker Tim said:

We had to sell our lil "48" sedan but still enjoy the Dodge M37.

Sort of like to have an old truck to drive daily but ain't in the budget. 

zzz-DSCF3553 (568 x 426).jpg

Very nice M! 

I have a Canadian M37 that is currently half disassembled. A truck like yours motivates me to get to work on it. 

• Like 1

On 10/22/2020 at 6:44 PM, RCrombie said:

Very nice M! 

I have a Canadian M37 that is currently half disassembled. A truck like yours motivates me to get to work on it. 

Thank You Sir!!!

14 hours ago, H Suhling said:

I used to go to Burlington on occasion haven't for a few years now

Nothing much changed. Sort of sad & sorry anymore. 

Getting close, my parts truck is nearly skeletal, and just need running boards, tail lights, and tailgate to get finished. Went with a cheapo pine bed to get it on the road and working again, will rebuild with oak and strips next year. Smaller tires on front than I will be running with, just so I can get in and out of short barn door.clementine4.jpg.85338235c71388f219deaea69be967b9.jpg

• Like 4

16 hours ago, dcotant said:

Getting close, my parts truck is nearly skeletal, and just need running boards, tail lights, and tailgate to get finished. Went with a cheapo pine bed to get it on the road and working again, will rebuild with oak and strips next year. Smaller tires on front than I will be running with, just so I can get in and out of short barn door.clementine4.jpg.85338235c71388f219deaea69be967b9.jpg

I love the paint. Is that an industrial primer? Top coat or finish coat?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Trucker Tim said:

I love the paint. Is that an industrial primer? Top coat or finish coat?

Satin finish. Ever since I have had the truck was heavily oxidized red, but many years required me to address rust. Could not bear to change basic color or sheen but needed to keep rust at bay.

• Like 1

On 10/25/2020 at 9:31 AM, Trucker Tim said:

Beautiful Truck!

We aren't that far apart. I'm in Southeast Iowa. 

That's funny! You can tell when guys are from the mid-west. A couple of hundred miles away is "close",when people from either coast consider someone 50 miles away to be a long ways away.

I miss being able to conveniently  visit the wide-open spaces,but then I think about winter,and the wind and the snow blowing over those vast distances and basically being shut in for weeks at a time. Yes,I do realize this doesn't apply if you live in one of the cities or even close to a "town",but when you are "out of town" in the mid-west,you are REALLY "out of town".

Still,there is the peaceful beauty to consider.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, knuckleharley said:

That's funny! You can tell when guys are from the mid-west. A couple of hundred miles away is "close",when people from either coast consider someone 50 miles away to be a long ways away.

Over The Road Truckdriver for 45 years! Everything is "close"!!! ?