Lets see pic of your trucks

Ken_Hart

Those are gorgeous trucks! Your '42 Fargo makes me want to go and pick up this '47 Fargo. It is quietly for sale and I have had an eye on it for years but wonder, at 71, if I want another project. Seeing how nice yours is, however, makes me think some more about getting the '47. If nothing else, I would like to get it in my garage and out of the weather.

Fargo.png.cc54cf9492097443fbdadaa921794750.png

Edited by RobertKB
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, RobertKB said:

Those are gorgeous trucks! Your '42 Fargo makes me want to go and pick this '47 Fargo up. It is quietly for sale and I have had an eye on it for years but wonder, at 71, if I want another project. Seeing how nice yours is makes me think some more about getting the '47. If nothing else, I would like to get it in my garage and out of the weather.

Fargo.png.cc54cf9492097443fbdadaa921794750.png

Might be time for you to experience the satisfaction of an imperfect truck! That one looks like a great candidate for a mechanical only restoration. Also anything beyond the fargo specific stuff is readily available. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Young Ed said:

Might be time for you to experience the satisfaction of an imperfect truck! That one looks like a great candidate for a mechanical only restoration. Also anything beyond the fargo specific stuff is readily available. 

I was actually thinking I kinda like the patina and just do it mechanically. Most of the wood in the bed is gone or in poor shape. Body is pretty decent with no rust through as of about three months ago when I last checked on it. I do have a really good spare engine if needed. 

I know once I got started, if I started, I would find it hard to not finish properly. I think it would look good done in burgundy with black fenders. 

Time will tell. 

• Like 1

@RobertKB the Airflow sold. You have no distractions now. You can focus on this truck.I like it a lot! It looks like a good one for a mechanical rebuild.  If you pass....Please PM me.  This one is very attractive to me.

Glad the Airflow sold. I’m not surprised as price was very reasonable. One less distraction. I’m thinking hard on this truck. I know the family and could get a good deal. Just got to decide if I really want to go there. 

Rescue this truck from  going further downhill.

Get it running, stopping, driveable and pass on to a worthy  truck lover that also is committed to keep it stock??

Someone with some ability, tools,  and some money to finish as they prefer-patina or restored.

JMO,

DJ

You should buy the truck,Robert...Nice to see the truck is pretty well complete.. For instance, I noticed the the cowl lights are still in place .On occasion I've seen them at swap meets. A pair were included when I bought my DeSoto. They were repurposed as front signal lights. I made mounts for the lights using mild steel.Due to the clear lens, I painted the 6 volt bulbs orange, using Tamiya Clear Orange X-26 I bought at a local hobby store.The paint I used on the bulbs had been suggested by another forum member some time ago.It works well and is surprisingly bright orange...Got kinda off track, but the truck needs to be saved.?

1083019773_DeSotoSignalLights.png.d4e2bcaf5cc4b74629d4021efb622e7d.png

Edited by T120

All right, I've been lurking for a while and figure I should finally participate a bit.  Already learned a lot just by browsing these forums.

She's a work in progress but she's getting there....recently daily drove her for a week and she handled it like a champ.  '51 B3B.

B3B1951_small.jpg

• Like 3

On 8/26/2020 at 1:24 PM, Dodgeed said:

To 1949Wraith : a couple of great looking trucks you've got there. I especially like the chrome bumpers. ?

Thanks, previous owners did the chroming, Fargo even on the rear bumper. I think some of the late 50's Dodge trucks had chrome bumpers and that might be what is on the Dodge.

IMG_20200822_123747 (2).jpg

• Like 2

Hey all, 

Here's my 47 that I've had for 23 years. When I was 17, I had a motor installed and they cut out my steering. Its been sitting since then. 

I just ordered my MII that will be here on Wednesday. Im super excited and am glad to be here on specific site with all my Dodge buddies. 

IMG_1165.JPG.jpg

• Like 2

12 hours ago, jsm1847 said:

Hey all, 

Here's my 47 that I've had for 23 years. When I was 17, I had a motor installed and they cut out my steering. Its been sitting since then. 

I just ordered my MII that will be here on Wednesday. Im super excited and am glad to be here on specific site with all my Dodge buddies. 

IMG_1165.JPG.jpg

Welcome, you found the right place.

• Like 1