Lets see pic of your trucks

Ken_Hart

5 minutes ago, 48Dodger said:

My eyesight is going too......I would have ended up parking there too after TRYING to hit the Ford....lol.

48D

Paul wouldn't want to accidentally get some paint on his truck!

Edited by Young Ed
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

Compensation is what you might should be giving to the bus driver?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Bobacuda said:

JB-

Finding that B4B script is amazing.  Getting that piece of Unobtanium off the dash without breaking it will be damn near magical. :) 

I got one off once and only broke the one stud...

On ‎5‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 8:56 AM, 9 foot box said:

I bought this at auction Sunday. It's a 51 B-3-D. I started bid at $100 and a guy behind me went to $500. I let him buy it. As I turned to talk to him, he was saying to his wife that now he has to get rid of the tractor part. We split the cost, I drove it a mile home, disconnected the Bale Handler and loaded it on his flatbed with my forklift. And my 47 WD-21 in the background. 

1951 Dodge B-3-D 004.JPG

yeah you did! I like it a lot 9 foot box! :)

• Like 4

Brought it in on a rainy day. Figure this is how i want it to look. Pretty much how i found it. I unsiezed it that day, unstuck the valves and resumed working on it yesterday, 2 weeks later. 
checked for spark,it has after cleaning the points. 
cleaned carb and put some gas in the bowl. It fires and runs for a few seconds,not bad for sitting since the 70's. 

so onto rad and hoses, a belt and try to keep it running for a few minutes. I used a slant 6 rad,it  should be enough for this part. 
12 volt conversion coming up,and time to start hunting for parts. Grille is gone, front  engine isolator is broken, bumper is shredded. 

C337C286-8821-4D89-8526-44561C5F7998.jpeg

• Like 2

On 10/19/2019 at 11:19 PM, Tooljunkie said:

Brought it in on a rainy day. Figure this is how i want it to look. Pretty much how i found it. I unsiezed it that day, unstuck the valves and resumed working on it yesterday, 2 weeks later. 
checked for spark,it has after cleaning the points. 
cleaned carb and put some gas in the bowl. It fires and runs for a few seconds,not bad for sitting since the 70's. 

so onto rad and hoses, a belt and try to keep it running for a few minutes. I used a slant 6 rad,it  should be enough for this part. 
12 volt conversion coming up,and time to start hunting for parts. Grille is gone, front  engine isolator is broken, bumper is shredded. 

C337C286-8821-4D89-8526-44561C5F7998.jpeg

So,a follow up,unsiezed,unstuck valves and cleaned carb. Tested points for open/close. Plugs out and cranked it. Great spark. 
i did get a reman starter, my original had bad field coils. 
poured some gas in carb and it made a few bangs. 
tried and tried. Just a few pops. 
so turned distributor and opened the idle mixture a couple turns and it fired off!

patched in a rad and fired it again. 
ran it for 30 minutes. Debris in block plugged rad,frost plug leaking and water pump is pouring coolant. Im excited!!

so i wired the ign switch,and started it,and tried clutch. It felt fine so put it in reverse. I backed it out of shop, and into storage. Next round is sort cooling system and build alternator brackets. 

• Like 1