Lets see pic of your trucks

Ken_Hart

reposting multiple replies on the forum from other threads on the forum isn't stayign on topic.  Acceptable kidding around is part of the gig here, but multiple repostings of thread replies is off topic a bit far.  I was about to start a thread just for you and all your finds! 

i suppose i should show a pic or two of the cargo i picked up today, huh?  not that it tested the limits of the truck at all.....bonus, i saw a bobcat cross the road in front of me on the way home.  didn't get a pic of that, though.

truck looks different...took off the sideboards for easier "from the ground" access.  good place on the headboard for my load chains, binders, and tire chains, too.

P2050001_2.jpgP2050004.jpgP2050002_2.jpgP2050004.jpg

Edited by wallytoo
  • Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

This is my 1934 Plymouth PE PT that is believed to have been towed from CA to TX back in the 80's, I found it mid 2014 and had sat in an Austin TX back yard since 1986.

Houston3.jpg

For the past year I had been trolling the internet for a PT125 any thing I found was either sold or more than I could afford, I had been looking in the States thinking that's where I would find one. This truck was 70 miles from home, I live in the UK.

UK1.jpg

• Like 3

I like the Plymouth way better than the PT125.  Back in 2000 or so my daughter sold her 39 Chevy truck to someone in England when we were stationed near Harrogate.  Black fenders and grill maroon upper.

HA the PT125 is also a plymouth...

Need to add that the Plymouth PE PT was never a production model, Dodge made the KC in 33/34 but Plymouth first production model wasn't available until 1935.

That is a good looking truck!

Another couple of pics.

IMG_8686.jpg     21.jpg   IMG_8751.jpg

• Like 2

Need to add that the Plymouth PE PT was never a production model, Dodge made the KC in 33/34 but Plymouth first production model wasn't available until 1935.

I believe 37. So since your 34 isn't a producton vehicle what have you discovered about its past? Started out as a sedan of some sort? Dodge bed?

This is what my son wanted my 52 for. He didn't have the money so I bought it. Not my plan for it  but looks cool.

new pictures of my 53 and the tires I will be running
07-02-07_2340.jpg
07-02-07_2349.jpg
09-02-07_0034.jpg

Reg, you have a keen eye. I am working on the gray burb, I bought the green one for the 230 engine and the over drive transmission. Once I've parted out the green I spect I'll have it crushed, though I hate to crush a suburban.

I believe 37. So since your 34 isn't a producton vehicle what have you discovered about its past? Started out as a sedan of some sort? Dodge bed?

Ed I stand corrected on the first production of the Plymouth PT. Jim B probably knows more of it's past history than myself, back in 86 Jim wrote an Allpar article on this truck  http://www.allpar.com/history/plymouth/pickups.html  Randy Johnson of Austin TX had contacted the club searching for information, I have a file with letters going back that far with photos, Randy didn't really get to grips with it apart from having it shot blasted and a coat of red-oxide. Ed Peterson took a lot of interest in it and asked for first shout should Randy want to sell it on but Ed couldn't wait and Randy passed within months. I purchased it from his widow August 2014.

There is no serial # and the title refers to the engine # + yr. I have found the original engine # on the frame but it's not the same as the docs. Defiantly a PE frame with the correct front end body work, I'm fairly certain the cab is 1 1/2 Ton 33/34 Dodge but then it get blurred, the bed and rear fenders may be 37 with possibly the bed shortened by 6" on the front end. At some time it might have had a V engine fitted as the frame had large holes cut through the cross members down both sides which have now been repaired. Should at some time Chrysler Historical decide to cross reference engine # to serial # it would be possible to say what it's identity was when it came off the track, can narrow it down to the early builds as the King bolts were up graded part way through production and this has the smaller size.

Hope this helps Tom