Lets see pic of your trucks

Ken_Hart

So just for my information, because I really don't have a clue, when you say  "I see several changes (cosmetic mostly)" could you please let me know what they are?

Besides the wheels and tinted glass...

Thanks!

easliy the wheels JUMP out at me as being not be original, tailgate closure not being chains, front bmper, rear "bumper", tailgate DODGE not painted, too many taillights, and Ed can correct me if I'm mistaken, but the funny bumps/louvers on the fenders don't look right.

Like I said great truck, but it would not pass a inspection for being 100 percent "original".

easliy the wheels JUMP out at me as being not be original, tailgate closure not being chains, front bmper, rear "bumper", tailgate DODGE not painted, too many taillights, and Ed can correct me if I'm mistaken, but the funny bumps/louvers on the fenders don't look right.

Like I said great truck, but it would not pass a inspection for being 100 percent "original".

Are you talking about the speedlines on the lower rears of each fender? Those are supposed to be there.

Well, I knew the wheels and tinted glass was not original and have been considering painting the "DODGE" on the tail gate but the front bumper is wrong? The guy I bought it from said he couldn't find a rear bumper so that's why he put a filler panel on. But no mention of putting the wrong bumper on the front. I did get the original wheels with the truck.

I have been looking for a correct rear bumper and I'll now include a front bumper with that search. Besides a nice chrome front and rear bumper would look pretty sharp against the black.

I officially retract what I said about the truck being 100% original, What I meant is the drive train is 100% original. But there are a lot more components than just that. Still I thought it pretty special to have a numbers matching 73 year old truck.

• Like 1

It's a very nice truck. Don't let Mark cloud your opinion. He likes to pick nits.  :P  In his mind it would have to be exactly as it left the factory to be 100% original. His truck wouldn't even qualify since he has radial tires and "new paint", to name a couple flaws. I'm surprised he didn't remark about it being too shiny. ;)  Original truck paint jobs weren't that pretty. You have a truck to be proud of.

As for the front bumper, it appears too straight. I believe it should curve around the front fenders a bit more, but I don't have any good '42 Dodge truck pics to compare to it for reference.

Merle

• Like 1

Here's the proper front bumper. Should have a V in the middle to match the grill. I hate to say it but that looks like a Ford bumper. Which actually some guys buy and modify because they are fairly close to the stock rear bumper.

Now you've got something to work on right :D

P6220002.jpg

It's a very nice truck. Don't let Mark cloud your opinion. He likes to pick nits.  :P  In his mind it would have to be exactly as it left the factory to be 100% original. His truck wouldn't even qualify since he has radial tires and "new paint", to name a couple flaws. I'm surprised he didn't remark about it being too shiny. ;)  Original truck paint jobs weren't that pretty. You have a truck to be proud of.

As for the front bumper, it appears too straight. I believe it should curve around the front fenders a bit more, but I don't have any good '42 Dodge truck pics to compare to it for reference.

Merle

HEY I SAID it was a great truck!  Yes, mine is a restoration with radials for safety, but it also mean's he's not 100% stock. :D

I'll say it again, that is one nice truck!

OK so the front bumper is slightly "V"d and the rear is fairly straight.

What Ford application would you say is closest? Or are there any current manufacturers of classic bumpers who may have or could make a bumper set?

Thanks!

I believe the ford bumper people are using is something like 48-51. It doesn't have the V for the front though. Dodge central of MI might have reproduction rear bumpers. I don't think anyone is making fronts.

• 4 weeks later...

Not real pretty at this point, but I don't see many Fargos on this list so I'll include it. It's a 48 that came replete with torched out mounts where the power train used to be. I'd like to see it with a 318 and Torqueflite ... some day.

post-7527-0-05238400-1451964368_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Nice Truck Baron, yup 318, shifted to the right on that 1, but will fit nice other wise.

See it's still got it's 1964 Manitoba plate series on the front too...

Edited by Fargos-Go-Far

Still debating in my head if it goes in the stock frame with the straight front axle, or a dakota front clip. A Dakota 318 4x4 chassis would be nice too... too many ideas with too little budget...

Edited by whtbaron

Not real pretty at this point, but I don't see many Fargos on this list so I'll include it. It's a 48 that came replete with torched out mounts where the power train used to be. I'd like to see it with a 318 and Torqueflite ... some day.

Here is my Fargo..

http://p15-d24.com/topic/40197-on-the-road-again-project-finished/#

http://p15-d24.com/topic/40197-on-the-road-again-project-finished/#

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...