Lets see pic of your trucks

Ken_Hart

Was this for sale recently on gumtree in Tasmania

Heres mine, I've only had it for a month, bought it off a middle aged fella who had it since he was seventeen, previous to that it used to be a tow/push car at the local speedway track down here

592-261.jpg

592-263.jpg

592-262.jpg

Michael

Its a 1959 Australian Built PilotHouse 2-26, currently runs a 225 slant, old flat top died many years ago I'm told, has duel rear

• 1 month later...

Heres mine, I've only had it for a month, bought it off a middle aged fella who had it since he was seventeen, previous to that it used to be a tow/push car at the local speedway track down here

Did it come from Tasmania and was advertised on Gumtree?

592-263.jpg

592-262.jpg

Michael

Its a 1959 Australian Built PilotHouse 2-26, currently runs a 225 slant, old flat top died many years ago I'm told, has duel rear

• Like 1

Final product. To get that finish, I just wet sanded it with 800 grit. It has NOT been buffed nor polished. Maybe I ought to think about buffing it out but don't know how. 

I did not paint the red. I left my original hood in the alley, forgot about it and it went to China. I bought the red one and found the blue under the red, The red i spots was hard to remove, then I suddenly realized that I had patina "flames".  The grill was white when I found it, under the white was the red so . . . 

I have only painted the bumpers and the running boards. 

Truckasfound_zpscbcd9f26.jpg

Truck2-23-13grillview_zpsd30f58fd.jpg

Hoodpatinared_zps91ed347c.jpg

Edited by pflaming

Bought this from the second owners nephew, it was parked for about 12 years because he got cancer and passed away earlier this year. I was told he had the truck from the early 50's and just drove it around his neiborhood. Recently I found out the original owner and it was my dentist's grandfather. He said he was a pig farmer and cooked for the military on the Big island of Hawaii.

post-5387-0-65524100-1369606514_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Bought this from the second owners nephew, it was parked for about 12 years because he got cancer and passed away earlier this year. I was told he had the truck from the early 50's and just drove it around his neiborhood. Recently I found out the original owner and it was my dentist's grandfather. He said he was a pig farmer and cooked for the military on the Big island of Hawaii.

Thats an awesome looking truck i love that styling. Do you have any more pics of the interior, engine bay, etc.?

• 1 month later...

Here's mine. 1948. Got it in rough shape and did a urethane primer job. Left the little dings here and there and had a friend hand paint an old motorcycle shop logo on the side. He faded out the logo and left the brush strokes in to complete the original shop truck look I was going for.

Matthew

photo-thumb-6290.jpg?_r=1374268658

Edited by 1oldtruck

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I hate it when that happens.

Be thankful it wasn't a Great Blue Heron......let me tell you they take this action to a whole new level ! :o You almost have to see it to believe it.

Jeff

We have quite a few screech owls that roost in the large trees around our house. They are particularly adept at dropping neat little packets of rodent parts on hoods or windshields. I can't tell you how many times I was called out by one frantic daughter or the other. :lol: It got so I thought it was pretty funny.......and of course they did not.

New to the site, currently working on another project, but this one is on the back burner. I think its a 1955 3 ton job rated T 4x4. No motor or trans. I'm thinking buick 455, turbo 400 for power and a stepside bed with a scissor lift for going to car shows. A high in the sky viewing platform. But how rare is this truck? Should I be going for a full restoration to original? Or have fun with it? Anyway, thought I would share pics and see what people got to say. I do have the original wheels and fender flairs, just put the tires on for motivation.100_0587_zps729c5788.jpg

New to the site, currently working on another project, but this one is on the back burner. I think its a 1955 3 ton job rated T 4x4. No motor or trans. I'm thinking buick 455, turbo 400 for power and a stepside bed with a scissor lift for going to car shows. A high in the sky viewing platform. But how rare is this truck? Should I be going for a full restoration to original? Or have fun with it? Anyway, thought I would share pics and see what people got to say. I do have the original wheels and fender flairs, just put the tires on for motivation.100_0587_zps729c5788.jpg

holy moly batman!

truck picture B-1-D-116:

I found this '48 B-1-D-116 on CL for a C-note four counties to the south, picked it up back in February under the cover of darkness.  It has a rebuilt '49 motor from a Plymouth, judging from the block dipstick tube and carburetor linkage shaft on the head (although I do not recognize the fuel pump).  The block number boss appears to have been ground down and a new # stamped that is almost illegible.  When this big red wagon was new, it had the comfort-ride seat (upholstery & seat bottom missing), a heater/defroster (missing, factory holes punched out at firewall), dual sun visors (RH broken off & missing), dual extendable mirrors (RH partially missing), electric wipers (linkages + arms missing), radio (missing, but station call letters scratched into dash), stainless grille bars (in need of massaging), and no oil filter.  The motor has been open for a good while, the manifolds are cracked from some sort of impact, the cab has holes in the roof where marker lights were installed (but a good floor & doors), the steering column is partially missing (never seen this kind of modification), and the spare tire & original carrier were lost years ago, according to the previous owner, who had started to fix the truck in the 90s then lost interest after partial disassembly, then got his son to dispose of it.  I have no solid plans for this truck as I've got a few other projects ahead of it, so for now it's a wildlife refuge :cool:

post-2888-0-61508600-1379360371_thumb.jpgpost-2888-0-73364600-1379360391_thumb.jpgpost-2888-0-85312700-1379360513_thumb.jpgpost-2888-0-51264900-1379360434_thumb.jpgpost-2888-0-80136600-1379360459_thumb.jpgpost-2888-0-21966500-1379360487_thumb.jpg

Edited by JBNeal
revised information