Lets see pic of your trucks

Ken_Hart

100,000lb Cat loader would make your FA look kinda wimpy!

• 2 months later...

If'n ya think that new Dodge is big compared to the ones made six decades ago, compare their respective prices...HOLEY SCHMOKES

btw when the '05 Dakotas were just coming out, I parked my '92 Ram250 CTD next to a club cab...they were almost the same size, although the Dakota had more cupholders. Just the other day, a brand new F150 4x4 parked next to my '02 Ram 2500 CTD 4x4, and that Ford made my Dodge look wee. But there's a guy in town who's fixed up a '72ish toyota hilux, that thing looks about as big as a Smart car.

When one looks at a basic 1/2 ton pickup, with no frills, such as our '50's trucks are, the size is not that much more. The strip down Chevy trucks my brother buys for his servicemen, are not large trucks. And if one looks at the basic 1/2 ton mid-size trucks, they are very close in size.

We have just accepted that a pickup must be a TRUCK, so I am kindly saying that the comparison is not quite accurate.

I thought that I'd take the opportunity to show all the great job that aussiedodgegirl (and her husband) have been up restoring their beloved truck 'Mabel'. It is always a pleasure to catch up with Janie and Craig for a chat and a coffee. I met up with them both at a recent car show, at which time I was introduced to their newly completed truck 'Mabel'. Poor old Mabel started out in a pretty sad state, but to the credit of Craig's panel-beating skills (and the many skills that Janie possesses) they were able to turn out a mighty fine restoration job. Well done to the both of you - what a good looking truck!!!

Desotodav

post-7583-13585370745663_thumb.jpg

post-7583-13585370746041_thumb.jpg

post-7583-13585370746486_thumb.jpg

post-7583-13585370746775_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

truck picture B-1-D-126: 

my neighbor snapped this pic...she was doing some birdwatching this afternoon when a suspicious red truck drove very slowly up my driveway, turned around at the house, then these two husky broads jumped out to snap a few pics. If they had bothered to ask for permission, I would'a told them that was a bad idea, what with the many sharp edges on the front of the truck, as well as the splattered oil coated with dust from the surrounding fields...anyhow, they spied my neighbor and tore outta there like a scalded dog...bless their hearts :mad:

post-6555-13585371867561_thumb.jpg

Edited by JBNeal
revised information

Years ago my dad was moving an abandoned house about 600' on the property to set it up as a hunting cabin. It got stuck in the middle of the field during the move. I went by the property one night and saw it lit up like someone lived in it except there were no utilities hooked up to it. I pulled in and saw two models sitting in the upstairs windows, and a production company truck behind the house with a generator and lights. I asked if they had permission to be there (I knew they didn't) and they told me that they had talked to the owner. I said ok, I'll call him to make sure. They were outa there in 5 minutes-setup and all. Coulda been a mess-some of the folks were smoking in the house. Here's my 1 ton at a Walmart shoot a couple of years ago. Mike

post-62-13585371896782_thumb.jpg

post-62-13585371911184_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...