hand brake

DJK

On page 50 of the Plymouth Service Manual fiq.22, it shows an "anchor screw" that needs to be adjusted to obtain .015" clearance between the band and drum. Mine had nothing there!!! I screwed a nut onto the bolt all the way, put bolt into hole while placing another nut between the brackets. The nut between the brackets is needed to make the adjustment which required slots be ground into each flat in order to spin nut for proper adjustment. All I know is it worked. These old cars really bring out the fabricator in us!!!! I forgot to take a picture of it.

Funny you mention this because I came across the same exact thing last week when going to adjust my handbrake. I get a little chuckle (and some frustration) every time I see something either missing or horribly hacked together on this car. At least now I know how to go about fixing this issue!

• Like 1