2020 National DeSoto Club Convention is Cancelled

desoto1939

Well another National event has been cancelled due to C19.

I just received an email stating that the 2020 National Desoto convention that was scheduled for July 29-August 2 and to be held in Brookfield, Wis. has been officially canceled

If you know anyone that was planning to attend please let them know.

They are planning to reschedule the 2021 convention to be held in Brookfield, Wis next year.

Rich Hartung

Desoto1939@aol.com

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Merle Coggins said:

I was hoping I could make a run down to Brookfield with my truck that Saturday to check out the cars, and maybe meet a few people. I’ll just have to wait another year now... like pretty much every other event that I was planning for this year. 

Merle:  I did hear that if the 2020 convention was held someone was also trying to have the NDC 2021 convention in Canada so you might get two conventions in your area in the next two years.

Rich Hartung

19 hours ago, desoto1939 said:

Merle:  I did hear that if the 2020 convention was held someone was also trying to have the NDC 2021 convention in Canada so you might get two conventions in your area in the next two years.

Rich Hartung

Brookfield is about a 1 - 3/4 hour drive for me. Or a little over 2 hours if I stay off the Interstate. The closest entrance Into Canada would probably be at Sault Ste. Marie, MI. That’s closer to 6 hours away. Canada covers a lot of area. What part of Canada? Maybe some of our northern friends would be interested. 

Edited by Merle Coggins

This is a bad year for all car events, even the Great Hershey October meet is cancelled along with several other major local car shows that have been in existacne for over 50+ years here in PA.

I guess this will give us sometime to work on our old cars to fix those small things that need to be repaired.

Rich Hartung

4 hours ago, James_Douglas said:

We were thinking of hitting Air Venture and the Desoto Convention...but...perhaps next year... James.

I thought I heard that the EAA Air Venture event was off this year too. I’m about 15 miles north of there. 

I got my WPC news today and they have announced the WPC meet has been canceled this year too. 

Edited by Merle Coggins