This'll cheer you right up

MackTheFinger

That's a good one. The current crop of dime-a-dozen pretty boys got nothin' on him.. IMO people like Bobby Bare, Waylon, Merle, and George have something in common with Danny Whitten. They were real people, and Bobby still is. Doesn't seem like there are many of those left.

• Like 1

I’m with you, 

Speaking of Merle, luckily Julie and I saw him in small venue here in Oregon shortly before he died. One memorable moment for me was in the song, “Are the good times really over for good”

The line, “wish a Ford and a Chevy would last 10 yrs like they should....”

He sang, “wish a Ford and a Chevy would last 10yrs like a Dodge.....”

The crowd erupted!!!!,
(or maybe it was just in my row ?)

Edited by Brent B3B
Stupid “spellcheck”
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, pflaming said:

Bret, was Bobby Bare singing about you or were you the challenger?  Inquiring minds. .. 

Lol, neither Paul... but Mac Davis did sing a song about me once ?

• Like 1

I kinda like some of current country music...

Oops! Point taken - not on playlist. ?

Edited by T120

I was always a rocker back in the old days. Still am generally. It was tough being a long-haired guy working construction back then but I learned pretty quick how to shut all the noise down. One guy I worked around in the early '70s useta call me "Sue", like "Boy Named Sue." We'd always laugh about it but I don't know exactly what he meant. Probably just trying to be an arsehole but didn't want to push me too hard.

Is "arsehole" acceptable on here? Not being one, just the word itself.. ?

Edited by MackTheFinger

I worked construction for 37 years and have been involved in the H-D life for 50 years.  I've heard plenty of bad language but try not to use it. I agree with your view on attitude.. We all have a little though so I hope mine wasn't implied and I certainly don't intend to offend.