The Right Pinion Seal

43 minutes ago, Plymouthy Adams said:

you do not need longer...you need to pay attention and place it correctly....hard lesson to learn as the going back is always a PITA ..take you time......as you can see after the first attempt the car is still there....

Thanks I will get another one

16 hours ago, Tooljunkie said:

Only need the area where seal rides. 

See what happened was I didn't put it on the top grove the larger one. I put it on the bottom grove smaller one. I guess that was wrong. Oh well live and learn. Ordered another one. Be here next Tuesday.

20200601_170451.jpg.a1da0ce3225fdf19f23c12e43750562c.jpg

18 hours ago, bambamshere said:

See what happened was I didn't put it on the top grove the larger one. I put it on the bottom grove smaller one. I guess that was wrong. Oh well live and learn. Ordered another one. Be here next Tuesday.

20200601_170451.jpg.a1da0ce3225fdf19f23c12e43750562c.jpg

That groove looks pretty deep. I would suggest you fill it with jb weld and carefully file it down. Giving the sleeve support it will last longer. If i recall it was in one of the installation pamphlets that comes with the sleeve. 

• Like 1

oh no...!  reading required..?    Tooljunkie is right, and one should follow instructions as they are written for a purpose...in this case the purpose is correct  procedure to ensure correct positioning and extended life of the sleeve....you can continually revisit the scene of the crime but a bit of attention to detail goes a long way in making repairs.

3 hours ago, Plymouthy Adams said:

oh no...!  reading required..?    Tooljunkie is right, and one should follow instructions as they are written for a purpose...in this case the purpose is correct  procedure to ensure correct positioning and extended life of the sleeve....you can continually revisit the scene of the crime but a bit of attention to detail goes a long way in making repairs.

So what you are telling me is to read the instructions? Lol 

Only for man stuff, ikea instructions are pointless. 
and i learned the other day the instructions for my new roll up door were useless too. All that is really needed was two measurements before framing opening. Nowhere in the instructions. 

6 hours ago, bambamshere said:

Just wondering someone said JB weld would the would the Permatex cold weld work or does it have to be JB weld. I guess it needs to be some thing that can be sanded when dry 

I agree, something that you can sand or file. I prefer a file,a few gentle passes and surface should be flat. 

• Thanks 1