t/o bearing noise

DJK

New t/o brg from Bernbaum's is noisy w/ clutch depressed, very annoying and upsetting, everything else from them has been great .. Has anyone else had a issue w/ the t/o brg noisy?

Edited by DJK
update

I’ve not specifically had a problem with a new noisy throw out bearing. Its unfortunate. After all that work, now you’ve got to go back in there.  New parts these days can be hit and miss. Looks like you got a bad one. 

A sad situation on some of this poor quality replacement parts for cars these days.

Glad I'm out of the business.

I saw it a lot even with supposedly dealer factory OE parts.

A lot of returns.

Been my opinion that a lot of OE dealer parts were rejects from the assembly line.  Mopar was notorious for that in the 80/90's.  It was better to get a boneyard part than a dealer part for a lot of things.

Everything has been great except for that, even the u-joint boot was soft and pliable which made for fairly easy install. Makes me wonder if some of this stuff is from china, it was all packaged in plastic sandwich bags, except for the Autolite plugs and the points.

Edited by DJK

21 hours ago, DJK said:

Everything has been great except for that, even the u-joint boot was soft and pliable which made for fairly easy install. Makes me wonder if some of this stuff is from china, it was all packaged in plastic sandwich bags, except for the Autolite plugs and the points.

Most of the parts I have bought lately, is made in Mexico...

I have a federal throw out bearing catalog that lists the bearing and also has cross over to other manufacturers of these bearing.  The catalog is scanned and would be either on a CD or a flashdrive. Cost is 23 deliverd to your home.  see the attached document it lists the correct bearing and size info.

Rich Hartung

desoto1939@aol.com

Plymouth Throwout bearing.docx

8 minutes ago, Sharps40 said:

If it's a press on bearing it may be slipping on the carrier.  Had it happen.  Always replace both bearing and carrier.  Press fit usually only works once. 

After 45 yrs being a Nissan Technician, I have replaced 100's of t/o brg's. I will admit the lip on the Plymouth  sleeve is very shallow for the bearing to sit on .

Thanks guys for the help.