barn addition....

Plymouthy Adams

1 minute ago, Plymouthy Adams said:

done deal, the concrete is now setting with a light brushing finish and though we got a bit of rain it was light and right when we finished the placing so did no hurt us.....I had covers standing by if needed....am I happy...you betcha...!

Glad it went well!! Todd B lives further north where soil heave and frostlines are an issue. Even here building codes only specify a 12"x12" perimeter footing for a single story house built on a slab.  

47 minutes ago, Plymouthy Adams said:

and though we got a bit of rain it was light and right when we finished the placing so did no hurt us.

When I first got started in construction, as a grunt labor, moving sprinklers around on fresh concrete was one of my jobs.

Let it setup over night, then water it for a few days to cool and slow down the drying process.  Less chances for cracks etc... in the driveway of your new 500 thousand dollar house you just bought.

yes...I have done a little northern work....not much but enough to know I did not like digging as deep as I did to be below the frost line.   Get old and tiring fast....!

did a little clean up of the area and snapped a pic of the brush finish...not sure how well it will show here......I should not slip-slide about as I work out there....still a bit raw but we have clear skies on the radar till at least 10 or so tonight as that is as far forward they do the hourly....

IMG_3559.JPG

Edited by Plymouthy Adams
  • Like 1

to mimic one of my favorite all time comedians here for this thread.....Gallagher......

It's not a slicer, it's not a dicer, it's not a chopper in a hopper, don't you want to know what it is....?  Its Ram-O-matic….after a hard day of splitting your firewood, sit back and enjoy a freshly sliced cucumber...….accessories sold separately....

IMG_3562.JPG

IMG_3563.JPG

• Haha 2

We don’t have any frost line. Frost is something in a freezer.

Our soil heaves for different reasons. Heavy soil-soaking rains are infrequent, plus too much silt and clay.

We did a lot of soil conditioning 

Concrete in and mother nature played nice. Looks good so far, do you cut score lines in the concrete in that area of the country.? Most typically do up here but since I had waterlines to worry about I did not. After 20+ years only some hairline cracks in mine. 

Binford Picklejack 2000 Maybe, Didn't Gallagher use the sledge hammer often in his routine?