Seat Upgrade

I don't have any recommendations for aftermarket seats, or seats out of other vehicles, but I will say that after I had my seat done by a local upholstery guy, and added some good foam into it, I've put a few 6-8 hour travel days in that seat without any comfort issues. 

How wide is the current seat? Saw a truck mighta been an International, had the rear seat from a SAAB convertible in it looked real nice.  Don't know what was behind or under but they were nice leather.  Then there is the old stand by, mini van third row seat assemblies.

s-l1600.jpg

A good seat up grade is a seat reupholstered to the owners style and proper firmness and support...

As shown by others...

Both my trucks have nice comfortable seats too.

That bench upholstery is a little rough around the edges and it looks like you are in the middle of working on some stuff in there but it looks like a really nice clean cab and I bet that bench is comfy. It looks like you maximized the legroom by using a thin backrest compared to the cushy overstuffed bottom. I dig it

My seat bottom (the back is original) was professionally reupholstered by the previous owner and is firm and very comfortable. I would go with what others say and reupholster with modern materials. 

If you want a truly comfortable seat, you need to find a seat bottom that has the Air-O-Ride option. ?

That is the original backrest the bottom is comfortable. It is rough but also my first attempt.  I’m not a fit and finish kind of guy but my whole reasoning behind this truck is to do all reasonably by myself so I can’t complain about anything if I did it myself.  

• Like 2