Disc Brakes Kit from Scarebird

Old Fire Guy

I finally got around to swapping out the old disc brakes on my '49 DeSoto (Same as Dodge) with a kit from Scarebird. All the parts are normal easy to find from local parts stores. The 2 custom parts are the caliper mounting plates and the hubs. Everything went together quite easy. I have a few more things to finish tomorrow the pump it up, bleed it out, check for leaks and road test.

IMG_20200519_174836288.jpg

IMG_20200519_180906535.jpg

IMG_20200519_180921953.jpg

IMG_20200519_181611324.jpg

• Like 1

Yes, I went back and cleaned up the cotter pins and installed new covers. This setup allowed me get rid of the 1/2 inch wheel spacers I had to use with the drums. I was worried that the 14-inch Keystones wouldn't clear, but do, easily. I'm very happy with this upgrade.

4 hours ago, Doug&Deb said:

Did you use your original master cylinder? If so what is involved in removing the residual valve? Can this be done with the mc on the car or must it be removed? I’m considering this for my Coronet.

Yes it can be done on the car easily

Edited by Adam H P15 D30

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...