glove box door issue

My brother and I are restoring a 1937 Dodge MD20 1 ton and cannot figure out the correct way to install the glove box door hinge.

By looking at the springs it seems they should go a certain way but we aren't sure which way. We tried them both ways and the door does not stay closed and that tells me something is a miss with the spring set up. Any comments or better yet pictures we be greatly appreciated. Thanks

1937 glove box door.jpeg

Here is a photo of mine . I made a home-made glove box liner out of 1/4 " plywood so disregard that . ( 1941 Plymouth truck ) I can't see any cut outs in your photo , perhaps that is the problem . You might have to make the really big ugly holes like you see in my photo ( the cut-outs like Ed mentioned ).

IMG_9081.jpgI

Edited by Jerry Roberts
  • Like 1

Thanks guys, you are correct we did not have the glove box liner in place. I get the jist of it now, but is it possible for someone to get me a picture from under the dash so I can understand where these springs actually go when the door is closed. Also do you know which way these springs go in as they are not an actual semi-circle so it seems they should orientate a certain way.