I have a bagged front end!!! dodge update

dvanecek

I'm with Normspeed, I'd like to know more about the bags....I'm familiar with them but I'd like to know which MFG and part # you used. They replaced the coils, correct? And I'd think the installation was pretty easy...but tell us more about the swap....any major issues?

I agree with splat and Norm (not that one... the one in the quote above), I'd like to know more about procedures, parts, other pics (if any), the swapped parts, etc.... details man, details.... ( a car that doesn't get out of a driveway is not a car... its an ornament) :) (couldn't resist Norm)..

Allan

• 14 years later...
On 9/30/2007 at 4:01 PM, mackster said:

Hey Norm's coupe your age is showing!!!! LOL just kidding buddy.:D

It's the new style you drive up to the cool spot to hang out and you drop thta bitch to the ground!!!!! then when you are done from all day of partying, you pick it up and drive off!!! COOL more pics please!:D

Now ya'll see mackster gets it. "DROP THAT BITCH TO THE GROUND!!!!" Down here in Texas we call such activity your "YOUR PULL UP AND PARK GAME". I respect everyone's opinion but if you are not into bags, then its understandable that you cannot relate.

With that in mind, I have a 1950 Dodge Wayfarer that I definitely want to bag and lay frame; "FRAME TOUCH THE GROUND WHEN AIRED OUT". This car will be mostly driven to local meets and compete in shows. The photo attached shows a early 50s Chevy Special Deluxe which is a somewhat similar body style to the Wayfarer and some of you will see how it makes for a sick stance!!!!

I was searching for a mustang 2 setup but would love to learn more about how dvanecek is doing his build though. What are you going to do in the back, a 2 link setup? PLEASE PLEASE provide us with more information!!! YOU OWE IT TO THE COMMUNITY!!!

SLAMMED_CHEVY-Special-Deluxe.jpg

So I could not help it guys, I opened up PHOTOSHOP and altered my favorite Dodge Wayfarer photo from Google and made it appear bagged. This is the look I am shooting for on my 1950.

My wife has a 1949 Wayfarer which we will be installing a 1" lowering block on the rear and installing Ford Aerostar springs in the front to give it about a 1" static drop all around. It will be lower than stock but not slammed.

SLAMMED_WAYFARER.jpg

I wouldn't bank on the aerostar springs dropping it one inch. The stock springs have probably sagged enough that the aerostar springs might raise it. You can move the bottom spring plate from on top to under the lower control arm to drop it. Basically free.