Shop lift

pflaming

Perform s Google search. Do a little research. You'll likely find a scam. Send them payment, you never see it, or hear from them again. Additionally, would you put your life on the line working under a $51 car lift like this?

Edited by keithb7

Wow! It's true you can buy a 2 post for next to nothing..?

Screenshot_20200516-104006_Chrome_compress76.jpg

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, ggdad1951 said:

funny, the estimated tax is the same as the cost....

Our sales taxes are going to end up as much as the item pretty soon because of the current situation going on.

• Thanks 1

Re: lifts,  were I younger and would keep wrenching, the first tool I would buy is a lift. If it would not fit in my garage or shop, I would find a place outside some where. 

I’m a reasonably fit 71 but the older I get the more I would like a lift. Probably started about 4 years ago when I replaced all the steel brake lines on my ‘48 Dodge. Bought a 25’ roll of brake line and a double flare tool kit. Between going under the car to remove old, measure, check for fit, install, and get the one tool I really needed but forgot, I must have crawled under that car, on jack stands, at least 200 times. No exaggeration. 

I don’t have the height in my garage for a lift and no room for an addition. I had to replace a clutch last year. If I was younger, I would have crawled under and done it myself. Instead, I had my trusty mechanic do it. He has a  lift and I have the money. ?

Edited by RobertKB

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

7 or 8 years for my drive on lift. 
it has been my best investement to date. Started working out of my garage 6-1/2 years ago so it has paid for itself time and time again. 

i put collar ties in my rafters and built a very solid boxed in area above my lift. Having lift in shop during the process gave me the perfect work platform.  Full size van on my hoist right now,i can work under it without issue. 

This lift once was in a shop on a steel plate floor, they used a torch to burn it free and in doing so left part of the floor plate still welded to each of the lift`s two posts. I chose to leave the extra steel in place as it gives a larger "footprint" to each post. The posts each have four very large Thunder-Bolts anchoring them to a concrete pad that was designed and poured to accept a two post lift.

thanks....was hard to see but I saw that plate in place...does provide added displacement....my 4 post lift that is going in IF my building ever gets here....they have way more bolts than your two post....maybe bordering on overkill...

Edited by Plymouthy Adams
  • Like 1

my original 4 poster is that style...the newer one is an open front alignment lift, much heavier build and you do wish these to be bolted for to retain their leveling adjustments.  There are approximately 10 adjustment points that come to mind immediately for leveling...allows leveling to the floor and then adjustments for the ramps to set level after that and the open arms are adjustable.  I have had my original lift for many years and have never moved it about even though I have the roller kit included also, most folks I know have never moved their lift after setup unless they were drunk....