'52 Plymouth Floor Pans

ChrisMinelli

Hello, I have a need to remove the front floor pans to access the transmission and clutch below.  I found the attached image which seems to indicate the '52 floorboards are "not serviced."  Does that mean they cannot be removed without cutting them out?  I ask because the prior owner glued the carpet down so I'll have to destroy the interior to get the pans out, which isn't something I want to do if they are welded down or something.  Thanks in advance!

52-Plymouth-Body.jpg

You don't need to remove the driver's side floor pan to do clutch or transmission service.

You do it all from under the car.

The driver's floor pan pice that can be removed only exposes the pedals,master cylinder and steering gear.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

actual removed panel from a 51/52 albeit slightly modified for modern steering column and barf-o-matic A500 four speed automatic, swinging pedals, floating accelerator level and snap in throttle cable....also a bit of metal replacement along the areas most prone for rust damage...photographed in wet primer

pan insert 5.jpg

Edited by Plymouthy Adams

The first picture shows what is exposed when the removable floor panel is removed. As mentioned above, all service work on the clutch or transmission is done from underneath the car. Sure helps if you have a lift....................as I know from experience not having one.

The second picture shows the removable panel in a rather crusty state and in need of replacement.

The third  picture shows a replacement panel that is identical to the original and how it can easily be removed by undoing a few bolts. 

DSCN8889.JPG.c8eced3462d3764d87af57bfd98b4eef.JPG

DSCN8726.JPG.c8ede6ced83cd450a876486bbfd96b30.JPG

DSCN9984.JPG.6f2504ff0541d64662373c47c52977a7.JPG

Edited by RobertKB
  • Like 1

• 2 years later...