Who remembers these?

MackTheFinger

novel for the era...never had one or knew anyone toting about tunes in this manner....personally I never left a LP out of its protective or album cover...never touched a vinyl pressing with my fingers, always touched the edges only....most of my vinyl is 46-48 years old and still as new. 

It was fairly common for people, girls; to carry 45's like this when I was growing up. I don't think anybody was thinking much about the future.. I managed to hang onto most of my records and they're still in pretty good condition although I about managed to wear the grooves out of the first Santana album. I loaned a bunch of albums to a friend who moved away before I got them back, musta been '70 or '71. When some friends and I went to retrieve them we were stopped by the police the instant we hit town and advised that our presence wasn't appreciated. "Unless you boys want to spend some time in jail you best turn around and go back where you came from." or something to that effect. Those guys all read from the same manual. Anyway, being law-abiding citizens we took their advice and I never got my records back. Times were strange back then!! Or we were!! ?

I really like the line, "All we represent to them, man; is somebody who needs a haircut." Priceless!! 

On 5/14/2020 at 9:33 AM, Plymouthy Adams said:

you need to change the description from loaned to a friend to better reflect their mutual respect and disposition toward acquaintances more adequately  in my little world, a friend does not act in said manner...maybe I need to get out more often...lol

Yeah, I was aggravated by it back then, more for not having the albums than the careless indifference; but I'm not much for holding a grudge. 

So,I'm skimming through the thread, and I read, "... was pretty common for people,girls to carry 45's " and I see a snapshot from "Easy Rider"...Right off I'm thinking guns and   MackTheFinger musta grown up in a pretty rough neighbourhood.LOL

Edited by T120