Small round vent screens on Bell Housing

desoto1939

I just came across a company that might have the replacement small round vent screens that are on our Bell Housings.

Since the floor boards are still in my 39 Desoto I do not want to take them out to determine the appropriate size whole diameter and the type of screen mesh size.

So if anyone has their bell housing view able and can take a measurement of the small round screens and the style of screen and if they could post this info it would be very useful to the entire groups.

I am not part of the company but just putting this out to help the club as an FYI.

Administration please keep this posted on the regular forum and not a parts or Other top[ic.

Company link:  https://ventmastersstore.com/collections/small-round-vents-by-the-bag

Rich HArtung

desoto1939@aol.com

cell 484-431-8157

home 610-630-9188

• Like 1

That would be awesome, Rich!  I’d pull my floor out to replace the one i lost when the bell-housing was vatted years ago.   Been going without ever since.  
I hope I took measurements back then.  Would make it easy.  

I have a friend that just order the 1 inch metal screen.  I am waiting to hear back from him as to the fitment.

I know these small items are hard to find but if we can get something close then it was a great find.

This is why we have the forum and when we find things like this it is in the best interest to let people know about the item, Also known as passing along the information.

Rich HArtung

Desoto1939@aol.com

I didn't look at the description on all of them, but the one I read the specs for said that it "doesn't work well in wood", because the tabs need to be bent over on the back side.  So then it said that it was best for thin materials.  The casting is pretty thick, so they might not stay in real well, unless a person hot glued them in or something.  (All of mine are missing, too.  I did find a receipt in my records book for the car where I had apparently bought some.  But that was nearly 40 years ago, and when a car is left in pieces that long, parts have a way of getting lost, or you might say, "permanently misplaced".)

Even if you gator glued them into position that might work also. Since these small vents are not seen when you are showing the car it would not matter how they are kept in place. The object is to prevent crap from falling into the pressure plate clutch area and to vent the heat from this area.  So any method of keeping them in place should work.

I am waiting for my friend to get his vents and see if he had any problems and will report back to the group on his findings.

Rich Hartung

desoto1939@aol.com 

Update on round vent screens for the bell housing:

My friend ordered a set from the company and he sent me an email today and he stated they were a perfect fit. I have asked for the item number so we can all order some to have in our parts supply.

I have attached a copy of the picture tht he sent me with the new round screens and the one sitting on the top of the BH is an original. the ones in the bell housing are the after market replacements.

Here is the exact screen that my friend purchased and the part number is RST-100 1 inch 6 pack. He told me they were a perfect fit and could not have been better. They only way it could have been better is if they were free.

image.png.d0c5ac2371ee348d53c694f2622ef750.png

Rich Hartung

desoto1939@aol.com

IMG_4220 vent scrren replacement on BH.JPG

Edited by desoto1939
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1