Cracked rear drum

1 hour ago, 1952 b3b said:

Hi 1st post .I’m looking for a solution for a cracked rear drum on my 52 b3 b

There isn't much you can do beyond replace it which I believe means NOS or good used. I don't think anyone is making new ones. 

Welcome to the forum, if you look you will see a classified section on the main page. Would be a excellent place to post a want ad post.

Many are replacing the stock rear ends with a modern rear end. There is a chance someone may have them available for sale.

Another option is to swap out the rear end with something modern. Depends on what your goals are for your truck.

I plan to keep my original rear end as long as I can put up with the low gearing.

JBNeal also post a thread link for another option.

If you had a chevy or ford, you could just order one, with a dodge you need to be creative.

32 minutes ago, Tooljunkie said:

Seems they like to crack. 
i have three rear ends, will be saving drums for spares, looks like they are hard to find. 

I ran across a old 48-53 pilot house bed that was converted into a trailer many many years ago. All gas welded, 60's or 70's?

Since the trailer did not use the brakes, hoping have some good spares there. maybe even do a axle swap on it, to save/use the good rear end out of it. I imagine it has low miles also.