OT TV Trivia

Ulu

Name the TV show where the leading lady gets in a fender bender with the leading man.

Later he's got the fender off her car, and already has the dent knocked out and is refinishing it.

But magically, it's the fender from a VW beetle, and not the one from her much more valuable 1930's styled car.

Dunno the answer to your observation, but it reminds me of the scene in the movie, Attack of the 50 Foot Woman, when the space monster picks up a '58 Plymouth station wagon, and when it is dropped, it suddenly has turned into a '49 Chebby woodie. ? Even as a very young kid, I could see the difference, and thought to myself "ah, come on!".

Speaking of being devoid of any drivetrain components, the 1964 Lincoln Continental that Odd Job drives to the junk yard crusher in Goldfinger, gets magically switched to a 1963 model Continental, a cheaper model, and I'm pretty sure I've read, has all the drivetrain components stripped out. When that Continental was crushed, it was quite the shock to us in the audience. We couldn't believe someone would do that to a beautiful car! ?

38 minutes ago, Dodgeed said:

Speaking of being devoid of any drivetrain components, the 1964 Lincoln Continental that Odd Job drives to the junk yard crusher in Goldfinger, gets magically switched to a 1963 model Continental, a cheaper model, and I'm pretty sure I've read, has all the drivetrain components stripped out. When that Continental was crushed, it was quite the shock to us in the audience. We couldn't believe someone would do that to a beautiful car! ?

I remember seeing that movie when it came out. Didn't notice the difference in the car but was amazed they crushed it!! 

1 hour ago, Dodgeed said:

Doesn't the cube get set into the bed of a falcon ranchero?? 

I bet once you let the cat out of the bag, I'll realize I've seen the show, and I'll endeavor to view it again.  The scene you describe rings a very faint bell, but that's about it...

10 hours ago, Ulu said:

Well you guys are striking out so I’m gonna give you another hint.

The hero of the show was an engineer.

Only old TV show that comes to mind for me where a principle character was an engineer is “My Three Sons” where the father, played by Fred McMurray, was an aerospace engineer. But I don't recall any scenes of him doing automotive repair. . .