Quarantine Project

derbydad276

I've been making serious upgrades to the 53 Coronet Drive-ability by changing the rear axle to lower the final drive ratio from 3.90 to 3.55
and with doing that it allowed me to have self energizing brakes on the rear ....the 53 brakes were friction ...
also increased the drum size from 9" to 10" and shoe width by 1/2 inch
Up front I installed a Scare Bird Disc kit and fabricated a mount for a dual piston master cylinder ... wonder if I should add a line lock while I'm at it ...
the 90 hp flathead will never, be able to do a burn out... but it would be nice to have for hill holding ....
Swapping out the axle required having a new drive shaft made...
this swap is getting expensive ...this thing had better stop on a dime with 3 cents change

Disc kit...$429.58
Rotors ...2 @$37.99
Caliper...2 @$22.99
Pads.....$43.99
Drums ..2 @$55.99
Shoes...$34.99
Master
Cylinder..$48.00
Distribution
valve $45.00
hardware,
hoses misc..$150.00
cherokee axle $125.00
driveshaft..$459.60
sub total..$1570.10

Edited by derbydad276
  • Like 3

Damn bro that’s some cash. So I got a 2000 Ford Explorer diff with disc on it and I want to buy the scarebrid front kit not sure how to make the master work with it. 51 Chrysler Windsor deluxe 

16 hours ago, Shon said:

Damn bro that’s some cash. So I got a 2000 Ford Explorer diff with disc on it and I want to buy the scarebrid front kit not sure how to make the master work with it. 51 Chrysler Windsor deluxe 

I'm using the orignal MC on my 48 with Scarebird disc and Cherokee rear with drum.  Not sure how it would work with 4 disc.  I also found answers on the Plymouth Owners Club facebook page.

• Thanks 1