MoPar Manual Blues

Eneto-55

I should have looked up the definition for the term "grunt work" before I used it.

Here's what I found:

(idiomatic) Work (especially that which is heavy, repetitive or mindless) that is considered undesirable and therefore delegated to underlings

I was only thinking of the idea of 'heavy work'.  I don't consider mechanic work to be 'undesirable', or 'boring', but I wouldn't exactly be tickled to need to do over what I already did before.  (I already will need to redo the electrical wiring - I had repaired frayed wires back in 80 or 81, using wire we stripped out of a car my brother scrapped.  But now it is all brittle, so will be doing a complete job on that, which was unexpected & unplanned.)

Yes, I'm 64, will be 65 later this year.  I just got my car moved across the country now almost 2 years ago, and I have it stored inside, but still have no shop area to work on it more than very basic things, and don't have the tools needed to proceed.  (As I said before, when I started on it back in 1980, I had the benefit of not only my Dad's tools, expertise, and help, but the comaraderie of my younger brother, who was working on his 49 DeSoto in the space beside my 46.  None of my close friends here are into this sort of thing, so I'm on my own.  My wife & I lived overseas as missionaries for many years, so the car sat in storage all of these years, and you also don't get rich doing volunteer ministry work.  So what ever I do, it has to be very low budget.  Not trying to create sympathy, just explaining where I'm at.  I'm going to let this go now.  I had no intention of offending anyone, and still don't understand what I said that was offensive.)