Hoist attachment to block hi

• 2 weeks later...

I use a 2 point lift attachment. The tabs are flat steel and allow the Head Bolts to be torqued down pretty tight.

I also remove the Doghouse so the lift height isn't to high. If you have a fluid-drive, and not a standard 3 or 4 speed.......

you might consider taking just the engine. But usually they are removed together. 

Here's a series of videos I did on removing the Doghouse 10 years ago. 

links to the rest:

Estrada MotorSports 1948-53 Dodge Trucks: 48 Dodge Truck Front Clip Removal part 2/4

Estrada MotorSports 1948-53 Dodge Trucks: 48 Dodge Truck Front Clip Removal part 3/4

Estrada MotorSports 1948-53 Dodge Trucks: 48 Dodge Truck Front Clip Removal part 4/4

48D

Edited by 48Dodger
  • Thanks 1

What's funny is I made an engine stand a few years back out of a cut frame (sold the back half) and just lifted the engine off of it yesterday.

I plan on cleaning the stand up and painting it today.

Guess I should show a picture of the levitating connector jammer deal.

gimme a few minutes........

48D  

IMG_20200515_120319448.jpg

IMG_20200515_120254147.jpg

Edited by 48Dodger
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This is the stand I took the motor off of. The 230 is a teaching motor, so to speak.

I might get it running, I don't know. The stand is made from a wrecked frame that I welded some legs on.

I didn't know I'd use the dang thing so much, so I'm welding up the weak spots and then painting it.

The engine will go back in and continue to entertain those who want to learn.

48D

IMG_20200515_115429835.jpg

Edited by 48Dodger
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I have always just used two head bolts to attach the engine to the hoist.... MoPar engine shown is over 1000lbs .

MoPar Hemi's always four bolts

Moly Block 413 Cali Engine.JPG

• Like 4