49 - 52 front fenders

joe (pa)

Does anyone know if there are major differences between 49 and 51 front fenders? Ive found some nos fenders locally but they are 49's and I have a 51. Don't care if it's cosmetics but wondering if anyone knows if they can be made to work or if they are structurally too different. It's not going to be a show car, more of a custom.

May bolt on but they are shaped way different at the rear edges and Do not even come close to matching the door top area shape. Doors may not even open all the way.

Sorry but will not work. Plus the hood will not match either.

Keep the searchlight on!

DJ

Never seen new front fenders for sale. DCM does have rear fenders for sale. They are fiberglass reproductions and they are $275 each.

I would imagine that front fenders would be more then the rear fenders .... you kinda need to be at piece with self and decide what you want to spend and what you may be willing to fix to save the cost of new.

There is a recent add on FB marketplace for 1950 dodge rear fenders for $300 for the pair. For that price I will fix the ones I have.

DCM sells Dodge truck parts....no 51 Plymouth sheet metal.?

I apologize, I did not check your project car under name and was thinking truck. Since classifieds are not allowed in this thread, I am going to send you a pm for a tip to a guy I know has a 1951 suburban. I gave it to him to keep it out of the scrap yard. He had plans to fix it, It was really rough as it sat since 1961. If you open the passenger door it dropped 6" because A pillars had no floor to connect to  :(

But the body really was not that bad. I know since then he has picked up several better project cars. I think it would be worth a pm to him to see if he was willing to sell parts?

Could be a 2 letter reply "NO" Or it may work out. Either way he is in Washington state and shipping is required.

uncle2 010.jpg

• Like 1