Spark issue, won’t crank

I just bought a 1951 With a flat 6, tried to get it turned over with no luck. I believe it has a spark issue. 

I am wanting to replace all plugs, wires and distributor in hopes it fires up. Any advice on brand or website to purchase these parts? 

I have little experience on these older motors, I work mainly on newer diesel trucks. Any advise is greatly appreciated.

Here’s a link to a video of me attempting to start it with no luck, maybe y’all will see something I can’t and be able to help.

Video link - https://youtu.be/foroSt1AkvM

Thank you!

Edited by ParoDoXz
Display video as a link and not embed

your parts need to match the distributor you have ...see tag on distributor when getting your parts...never assume what was stock is still stock....many people have found this surprise...many parts places have no clue what the little prefix letters mean and will hand you whatever is in stock or easily obtained.   

I also recommend that you do a compression test to begin with to ensure a tune up will be effective...no/low compression, no matter the spark, it will not start easily if it even starts at all...

• Like 1

Looks like a 12 volt starter?

Compression test needed ...

Fuel blow back up through the carb.

If it was me, I’d check the compression first (like PA and Rob said)

Edited by Brent B3B
Video removed and senseless babbling

Yes!

Got her to fire up last night, new plugs, wires , cap, rotor , 12v coil ( because the previous owner converted it to a 12v system ) , condenser and new points got her going.

Initially I started with just new plugs and wires and coil but that didn’t get it started. After new points, cap , rotor and condenser it fired up. 

Parts were fairly cheap so decided to order everything at once and got 2 day shipping. 

Thanks to everyone who helped out! 

Check out the video of it starting here - https://youtu.be/o5tj8MO-GRg