Running Moog CC850 springs w/o shock relocation

48ply1stcar

I am currently running Moog CC850 coil springs with new shocks in the original position.  It's been 3 years since I replaced the springs and bushing.  This week I replaced the shocks and greased the front end.  The front end still feels like a hard ride (Hard reaction to bumps and dips in the roadway)

Has anyone else changed to CC850 springs, NOT relocated shock.  What is your experience?

Edited by 48ply1stcar

8 minutes ago, Dartgame said:

I have not changed the shock location and used the aerostar springs. I have been happy with the ride quality. I cut 2/3 of a coil out of each to lower it a little.

I did new rear springs at the same time and the car sits high but level.

17 hours ago, greg g said:

What tires and air pressure are you running?  If there is a sway bar how are it's bushings?  Are the springs square in their pockets?

In order 205 75R 15, 32 lbs, 3 year-old bushings on sway bar, I think so.

I guess this picture doesn't show that the car is level. My daughter and her family.

IMG_20170718_101410.jpg

Jessandfamily.jpg..jpg

Edited by 48ply1stcar

I ordered the Classic Performance shock mount, It actually was to large and heavy-duty for mounting next to the upper-control arm. Not a large enough flat space.  Going to order the Ride Tech bracket to mount on the side of the frame.

6072fusb.JPG

Shock mount..JPG

Edited by 48ply1stcar

It a weld, but I'm going to bolt it in place.  Also I'm going to use the new shocks I just put on this month.  That desicion was made based on a old thread about a F1 shock mount.  This mount should mount about in the same place as the F1 mount, and it works we'll have a cheaper alternative.

Looking back through a few front shock relocation threads I compiled the following as possible replacement part numbers or source vehicles

69 - 74 Chevy Blazer 2wd

63 -91 Chevy van or pick up fronts

93 Mercury Villager van rear shocks

Gabriel 81469 listed as fitting a 50 Plymouth. After changing upper mount.  Extended 22.5, compressed 13.7 stroke 8.9 also shown 20.2e, 12.4 c

Monroe 59017 94 Ford explorer rear also listed for 49 Dodge B1 truck rear

NAPA RR94005 or 94038. 14.6 e, 10.1 c

Gabriel 737658. 13e, 9.2c

Gabriel 733698 same as above

Monroe 555004 or 555003

Kyb 344068  15.3e, 9.4

So in general eye mounts upper and lower an extended length from 13 to 15 inches, a compressed length 9, and a stroke of 8 to 10.

Any other info to add??

Edited by greg g

7 hours ago, greg g said:

Found them at speedway is that where yours are coming from?

Are you referring to the shock mount.  I ordered it from Summit.

So in general eye mounts upper and lower an extended length from 13 to 15 inches, a compressed length 9, and a stroke of 8 to 10.

With an extended length of 15" and a commpressed length of 9", wouldn't that be a stroke of 6"?

Edited by 48ply1stcar