'50 Dodge Coronet Vent Window Removal -- Help!

Stargrinder

I am searching the site an I am not finding what I am looking for so here goes the ask.

I spent about 40 min trying to remove the vent window from my 1950 Dodge Coronet so I can replace the rubber seal but could not get the damn thing out.  I removed the trim around the window and the door panel and was able to access the screws (believe there were 5 or 6 flat head screws) around the vent window.   I also detached the bolt on the lower portion of the door that holds the window channel in place.  With the window down I was able to partially get the vent window frame out but it was fighting me.  I did not want to break the glass so I put everything back and buttoned it back up.  I figured it should not be that hard to get out.

Is there some trick that I am missing?

Help and knowledge is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I do not claim to know for sure but...

You did not mention what it was getting hung up on.

If it is the window then you'd need to remove the window first.

I have only removed the vent windows on parts cars so I wasn't too fussy about doing it. I vaguely remember removing the window (and the mechanism) first and even then they were a bugger to get out.

I think the side glass needs to be removed too.

Check out this video done by Mark Walker, who restored his 1941 Plymouth to the highest standards I'd ever seen.

1941 Plymouth Resto #13

It may be similar enough to help you with your '50 Dodge. His email is ihazwings@gmail.com and he is happy to answer questions.

• Like 1

Joe...

It was definitely getting hung up on the window.  I am hoping to not have to remove the window but may have to do so.  What a pain.  

Everything I think would be easy to do tends to be more complicated than expected when dealing with this car.

On the backside of the window side glass channel there should be two round retaining clips...slide/push them off the  regulator studs using your thumb.

Remove the fiber washer underneath.

Push both regulator arm/ studs out of the regulator channels.

Be careful glass doesn't drop to the bottom of the door...remove glass up and out the top of the door.

Sometimes just pushing the glass to the latch end of the door leaves enough room foe vent frame removal.

Shop manual is good to have.

on my 51 the window and the wing window share the same chanel/support. so to remove the wing window, you have to remove the widow from the regulator

9 hours ago, Stargrinder said:

Bob, 

Thanks for the link.  I was all excited to hopefully get some insight on the vent window from the video and to my disappointment he did not show that part.  Oh well... my search for answers continues.

Theo

Theo, My mistake...it should've been this one: 1941 Plymouth Resto #14