Keys

3 hours ago, Todd B said:

My bet it was Sell’s salvage between Clintonville and Marion. He had a couple dozen pilot house trucks there. All gone now, I heard about the crushing of vehicles going on but by the time I got there all the Dodges were gone. 

That happened all over the place.  There's nothing to be found here in Kentucky.

On 4/22/2020 at 6:58 AM, bkahler said:

My 51 came with a the ignition key on the right, it didn't work in the door which tells me one of the two were changed out over the years.  While working in Pasadana for a year I stopped by a locksmith shop and hand them rekey the door lock to match and make a couple of new spare keys.  Unfortunately the new keys have the Ford logo on them.  

20200422_074100x.jpg.685143bd54ad90fedce68d2713cc3abe.jpg

20200422_074045x.jpg.ffbd4a57b0c9b6e779aac079769b498d.jpg

Years ago while on a working trip to Wisconsin I stopped by a local junk yard and while browsing the many Dodge trucks I found this key holder with key laying on the floor.  Oddly enough the ignition switch was missing.  At that point I decided to liberate the orphan switch :)

20200422_073906x.jpg.deabd549896f0aee4e8cbf933f463a3a.jpg

20200422_073806x.jpg.4ef39368aa796b492b45de83e306a729.jpg

What I found most interesting was the key holder itself.  I remember seeing people using holders like this when I was a kid back in the 60s.

20200422_073722x.jpg.361b80d491ab87f2246c76503df6c970.jpg

20200422_073706x.jpg.ad0bc9457c7487a4fc60bd412ba8ee37.jpg

Brad

Being a part of this Dodge group of owners never seizes to amaze me. I told Brad I grew up in Clintonville so he sent me the key chain.  That was very touching to me and it will be cherished. I am on the Board of Directors for the Clintonville historical society. I will take it to the next meeting to see if anyone knows any history on it. I’ve been asking around, nobody remembers it. We have a very nice newsletter put out every three months and I’m going to ask the publisher to put a picture in there to see if anybody recalls the business. 

Thanks again Brad,  Hopefully I can pay it forward someday to you.

Todd B

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Todd B said:

Being a part of this Dodge group of owners never seizes to amaze me. I told Brad I grew up in Clintonville so he sent me the key chain.  That was very touching to me and it will be cherished. I am on the Board of Directors for the Clintonville historical society. I will take it to the next meeting to see if anyone knows any history on it. I’ve been asking around, nobody remembers it. We have a very nice newsletter put out every three months and I’m going to ask the publisher to put a picture in there to see if anybody recalls the business. 

Thanks again Brad,  Hopefully I can pay it forward someday to you.

Todd B

Todd, 

Your welcome.  I believe the key holder is now in the right hands and I'm glad you're going to try and find a little history about it.  I'm looking forward to what you might find out :)

Brad

• Like 1