vac-u-ease booster

captden29

the power brake booster on my 54 Windsor was bypassed when I go the car. covid 19 has given me the time to remove it and contact a rebuilder., power brake exchange. I am not sure if I really should put it back in or leave the brakes manual. it looks like a very complicated unit and can that old technology be trusted. are there other companies that can rebuild this unit? I have made a lot of calls and most will not do this unit. should I be wary and just forget about having power brakes?   thanks,   capt den

That unit works great...

If done right.

If it fails a huge cloud of white smoke in your rear view mirror means pull over NOW.

I have them in two of my cars.

Super light touch brakes. I like it.

I take some chances..but am aware.

glad you like yours, dodge. one confusing thing is that the unit has 4 bleeder valves and nothing in my manual about a bleeding process. maybe just do one at a time in any order? or will it come bench bled from the rebuilder. my car has power steering, so power brakes would be a nice addition.   capt den

Bleed the booster first upper ones first.

Then on to rr,lr,rf anf last lf.