Broken shock bolt

50Dodge

Am curious how that broke as its at the threaded edge.......did it break whilst driving along or you didn't realise your own strength?..........lol.........as its part of the spring hanger I'll be surprised if its an easily found piece, although I wish you luck.......maybe get a new one turned up by a lathe, should be just mild steel..........andyd

I will say, on my truck i pulled them apart,and put them in my lathe to size them for different shocks. That material cut like butter. Its incredibly soft! 
similar to a grade 2   
bolt. pulling mount and making a new one shouldnt be all that difficult.

On 4/17/2020 at 5:52 PM, 50Dodge said:

Well, I have my first broken bolt, guess my luck ran out. Best suggestions now?

If I remember right, that mount unscrews out of that mount.?

Then you can replace with something like attached, they sell several sizes at Speedway Motors.

DJ

speedway motors-shock stud.png

Thanks for all the responses. To answer some, it broke when I was trying to remove the nut, so I could change out the shocks. I do not know if the air shocks (on when I got the car) put to much tension on that end over time, or if it was cross threaded before, or if it was just rusted on. But when I went to remove, it broke right off. I did find a replacement, that I hope will be here today on Amazon, it is actually a Monroe part #. Some of the "universal" ones I found were too small on the threads going into the axle mount.

I was able to break it all free, and now just waiting on the new part to arrive. Thanks all!