Horn Relay Replacement

Earl Gray

the correct autolite horn relay is listed as HRL-4104  it was first used in  1949 and upto 1951 according to my autolite catalog.

do a search on ebay for dodge horn rely or go to a napa store

rich hartung

• Like 1

Often on ebay as mentioned. Place an ad in the classified section as I am sure there are forum members who have spare ones. I know I do as I pull them off any cars that are junked but still have the relay. I have three old Mopars that have this relay and keep mine as spares. I find that horn relays seldom go bad although I imagine it does happen.

Open the old relay up and see what's wrong...could be dirty points...quick to do.

Horn relay Autolite HRL 4104 1949-52 MoPar (4).JPG

Edited by Dodgeb4ya
  • Like 1

If you have not done so already, check all the connections for the horn. I found a dirty ground connection can be the culprit when it comes to the horn not working. I did pick up a new stock replacement relay at NAPA a few years back.

• Thanks 1