Extra Engine I got with my 47 2 door. Need ID help

47Nik

Not surprising, engine swaps were common back then.  If your engine got tired, and they did at about 50 to 60 k, you found a low mileage wreck and did a swap instead of a rebuild.  Quicker and cheaper.  My dad had an engine in his 49 Dodge swapped for like 200 bucks installed at the local junk yard, including the engine.  Dropped off after work on Friday, picked it up sat after lunch.

I can see how fast you could do that swap lots of room and very simplistic wiring.  That's why I love these old cars or any old piece of equipment or automobile.  It's easy to trouble shoot and easy to fix.  

As for the value, It depends on if it turns over, runs, etc. The later Plymouth flatties (the 218 starting in'41 I believe, and the 230 starting in '54?) had more hp, tongue and a beefier bottom end. I've seen running motors go for $200-300 here in CA. A few years ago there was a fellow on the Forum who had a '40 Plymouth and wanted a '40 motor to be authentic. I had one, but shipping to his location on the east coast cost more than the motor was worth.