No fire after tuneup

Replaced plugs, points, condenser, and wires. After installing new plugs, condenser, and points I started the truck, checked time and set carb...ran like a champ! So...I installed new wires and no fire! Help! Working on a 59 Dodge 230cu in flathead. Really has me scratching my head.

That's a good thing?

While working on my Uncles 67 international a few years ago. I changed the points and condenser, was a no start.

After some trouble shooting, figured out the condenser was bad, so bought another from napa. Uncle would only deal with napa .... once a year he would bring 4 extra large pizza to feed the crew. Just saying, he only bought auto parts from napa.

So after buying the 2nd condenser, truck fired right up and I started to tune it. When I shut the truck off, it would never start again.

This time I went out in the back yard and stole a condenser from a engine that had been sitting for 20 years.

Worked perfect and truck ran great after that.

Only point is, with the cheap Chinese crap we are stuck with today, I plan to move to a slant 6 electronic ignition when my 30 year old ignition parts fail.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1