Gyromatic is Stuck

Earl Gray
Go to solution Solved by ACJCF2,

just a bit back it was running and such but you was not aware of the shift patterns that is high range and low range.  Now this past week you have been addressing the kickdown switch and its electrical connection.  Not to sound nasty or in any manner accusing,  I would like to suggest that you go back over what you have been working on for validity and ensure something is not being grounded and or constant voltage at a time it should be an open circuit.  

2 hours ago, Plymouthy Adams said:

just a bit back it was running and such but you was not aware of the shift patterns that is high range and low range.  Now this past week you have been addressing the kickdown switch and its electrical connection.  Not to sound nasty or in any manner accusing,  I would like to suggest that you go back over what you have been working on for validity and ensure something is not being grounded and or constant voltage at a time it should be an open circuit.  

I appreciate your feedback and suggestion.

I see in your other related thread that you have gone back and addressed the electrical you were playing with earlier and have the problems all corrected.  Good for you but for a future note, it is always best to keep your issues in a single thread so folks know what has been done and be able to relate/answer any questions posed.  

• Like 1

On 4/11/2020 at 4:16 PM, Plymouthy Adams said:

I see in your other related thread that you have gone back and addressed the electrical you were playing with earlier and have the problems all corrected.  Good for you but for a future note, it is always best to keep your issues in a single thread so folks know what has been done and be able to relate/answer any questions posed.  

You didn't seem to have an issue finding both.

• Solution

Mine 49 Dodge is 12 volt conversion and one day I thought was troubleshooting what I thought were headlight circuit breakers. Turns out (after some research) they were for the Gyromatic. It got hung up and wouldn't shift. I disconnected the battery and reconnected it and it reset and shifted fine. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ACJCF2 said:

Mine 49 Dodge is 12 volt conversion and one day I thought was troubleshooting what I thought were headlight circuit breakers. Turns out (after some research) they were for the Gyromatic. It got hung up and wouldn't shift. I disconnected the battery and reconnected it and it reset and shifted fine. 

Very helpful. Thank you! I disconnected the battery many times while trying to get the wiring right (cross-referenced post below) that it most likely reset it then. Good to know a solid solution. Thanks again!

• Thanks 1