Backing Plate Picture

LMBoise

With all the downtime lately I am finally getting time to start putting the ‘48 B1B back together. The frame has been blasted and powder coated. Now I just need remember how it all goes back together. 

Does anyone have a couple of pictures of the backing plate for the front brakes?  I could really use a picture of the backside of the plate. 

Thanks. 

It would appear that there is at least another ‘48 B1B in Idaho. Mine was originally in Fruitland at my in-laws farm where it had spent it’s entire life prior to 3 years ago when it moved a little to the southeast.

9 hours ago, Vet Doc said:

It would appear that there is at least another ‘48 B1B in Idaho. Mine was originally in Fruitland at my in-laws farm where it had spent it’s entire life prior to 3 years ago when it moved a little to the southeast.

I bought my 51 B3B in Hailey Idaho back in 1996 when I was working there for a summer.  I then trailered it home to Lincoln Nebraska.  That truck was the most rust free truck that I had ever seen.

Brad

Mine came out of Caldwell, Idaho. It was in relatively good shape. The floor pans were rusted out and the engine was seized. With the help of a friend, we tore it all the way down to the frame. The engine has been rebuilt and the vast majority of the body work is done. Now putting it back together. 

4 hours ago, LMBoise said:

Mine came out of Caldwell, Idaho. It was in relatively good shape. The floor pans were rusted out and the engine was seized. With the help of a friend, we tore it all the way down to the frame. The engine has been rebuilt and the vast majority of the body work is done. Now putting it back together. 

I guess maybe I got lucky.  There was zero body rust (other than surface rust), no rust through or anything of that sort.  Same here, putting it back together :)

Brad