Pics of painted dash

Texaswino

I’m updated my 50 Plymouth Suburban and it’s dash time. Most of the dash chrome is pitted. I’d like to know how you guys with this issue have felt with it. Can it be replayed?  Can it be blasted and painted?  Looking for ideas. 
Thanks in advance

TexasWino 

Those pieces are constantly for sale on EBay. Look at the close-ups for amount  of pitting. Have never seen any without some pitting, but with careful shopping it may be the best alternative.

If you do not mind paint instead for chrome get hold of a chrome shop and check cost to just have the old chrome stripped. Then you may use fillers and paint that will last for many years and look good.

JMO

DJ

more and more chrome shops are adding to the bad reputation many have today by not doing good work but mostly by saying a piece is lost and not honoring their quoted prices when you send an batch in for this quote and estimated turnaround.   Basically if you cannot estimate work, you need to find another line of business.  But it seems in some cases it is not lost when you ship it in...but lost before they can ship it out....shop damaged beyond repair, went to another person either by mistake or more money.....hate to make such statements but in a couple cases this has been proven true.  Cost today makes many seek alternate actions.   We suffer a lot by cost to the repop folks being so high to get a license from MaMopar….Chrysler has shot many a loyal follower in the foot with this scenario.

6 hours ago, edrendek7777 said:

Here is what I have waiting to install in the next month or so...  blasted and powdercoated. Chrome was in good shape, so no need to rechrome that...

Ed

Ed, Yours looks like a radio I picked up some time ago at a swap that was installed in a makeshift cabinet. 

IMG_0287.JPG

• Like 1