What a pain in the butt!

I’m trying to conquer the set screw issue of the passenger side door lock.  I’d like to take the goof ball who designed this lock restraint out back by the wood shed and kick his butt, however he’s probably in heaven already, laughing at me.  Penetrating oil, heat, cold, twisting, ruining screw drivers, ugh.  Sorry, had to rant.  I’ve read most of the 300 posts about getting this thing out so I know most of you went through this as well, but that doesn’t make me feel any better about it...

I have a 52 Dodge panel truck which I am having the same problem with the passenger door lock I got the rear door lock out. I drilled out the center of the lock and now use a square shank screwdriver  which  I cut the tip off and use as a key. Works for now till I get locks.

Dave

? Honestly the guy who designed that really isn't at fault. Pretty typical for the day. Fwiw I managed to get mine out without breaking anything. So not everyone has had an issue with this item. Not bad for something made close to 70 years ago.

If you were to take a close look at most of what is being made today you would find quite a bit that won't last 10 to 20 years let alone 70.

Mark's fix looks pretty easy and will probably last at least 50 years. Relax and have fun with the truck. They have a lot more going for them than against them. 

Jeff

• Like 2