Clutch pedal removal

I'm sure I'm missing something and going to smack my head when its explained, but figured I should ask before breaking something. 

I'm trying to remove the clutch pedal. I've removed the adjusting collar but the pedal is getting hung up on the slot the collar attaches to. In another thread it said to just pull the piece of metal out of the release fork shaft. Just want to make sure that it's really that simple, grab a pair of pliers and yank? Mines coated in pen oil but doesn't want to move. Just making sure I need to yank harder.  

Thanks 

20200404_112042_compress81.jpg

10 minutes ago, Bdblazer1978 said:

I'm sure I'm missing something and going to smack my head when its explained, but figured I should ask before breaking something. 

I'm trying to remove the clutch pedal. I've removed the adjusting collar but the pedal is getting hung up on the slot the collar attaches to. In another thread it said to just pull the piece of metal out of the release fork shaft. Just want to make sure that it's really that simple, grab a pair of pliers and yank? Mines coated in pen oil but doesn't want to move. Just making sure I need to yank harder.  

Thanks 

20200404_112042_compress81.jpg

So 5 mins after posting, the piece popped out and the pedal slid off. Like I said, going to smack my head. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Bdblazer1978 said:

So 5 mins after posting, the piece popped out and the pedal slid off. Like I said, going to smack my head. 

Got luck then? :)

I've found that tapping down on one end of the key can rotate it enough that it either comes out or more of it is accessible for something like a pair of Vicegrips to grab on to.

1 hour ago, ggdad1951 said:

Yep just a half moon key

I think the formal name for those is Woodruff key. Might make a difference if you are in a hardware store asking if they have any.

• 2 weeks later...

I just pick the truck up and hold it upside down and smack the bell housing with the back of my hand.

Falls right out.

48D