Wheels

Andydodge

I know that Wanted & For Sale posts must be placed in the Classified section but surely some small amount of leeway can be used when a 1st time poster, ie, he had asked a question regarding the wheels he has on his P15 and the way that the hubcaps are held on......it was his 1st post ........yep, he did indeed ask where he maybe able to get some wheels which is a "Wanted Add" but from my perspective he was a new member, was asking a genuine question within his post that could have been answered without going into whether it was a Want add and to be honest I thought it seemed a bit heavy handed........I am not trying to upset anyones apple cart and I DO know that being a moderator is and can be a thankless task but I thought I'd put my 2 cents worth in.......BTW Welcome Aboard Raaa62..............and regards from Oz, Andy Douglas   

• Like 9

Apparently im not the only one that agrees with this. In this particular case, suggestions would be helpful,such as finding a machine shop to correct the issue by fabricating and installing inserts On the wheels . Its been done. 

I viewed the post as a question as the OP stated in the first sentence. Oh well I hope the young man gets some useful help to his question.  

"I'm new to the P-15 forum and I would like to pose a question."  " I cannot find replacement wheels for the car. Everything I have found doesn't have clamps welded on that use tension on the inside of the hubcap to hold them on". 

"Any help is truly appreciated. "

I guess it's a matter of how you want to interpret the post.  I can see it both ways and if looking at it as a "wanted" post, I thought Todd was polite and courteous by leaving it posted.  If as a "question", I'd suggest the poster look to the want ads section and contact all the posters, as they may have spares in their collection of parts, and post an ad there specifically for wheels.  Other options should of course, include ebay, craigslist, salvage yards, etc.   Wheels he has been able to find that do not have the clips might be modified with the clips from the wheels he does have or obtain new clips and install them.  Does Stockton make replacement wheels w/clips?  Someone makes clips.  I've seen them at one of our store's customer's business.   As these types of problem.  As more and more of these old classics get turned into shredded scraps, we're going to have to get more creative in solving issues 

• Like 1

I can see it both ways too.  I plan to replace my original wheels with 17's at some point and I'd rather help someone out than scrap them.  But they are only 15's and it's not going to happen in the near future, but when it does I'll make sure to posted it in the classifieds.

the question was posed.....and the mods have the final say.....the very fact the new member was not only cautioned but his post was left as it but only locked.  This mean IF or IF NOT an ad...either way it Is still viewable to the forum at large and they individually have the option to reply via PM to the original poster.....there should never be any open forum negotiation of parts between members....

But I was interested to see the vendors/sources for wheels that would have been suggested by forum members.......those responses will not be available in the archives.

Oh well.....we move on.......

Edited by Sam Buchanan

Many newbies to these cars are totally unaware that no one is making these wheels new and Must be sourced only through the used market. ?

That is to me where the post can become a wanted post rather than suggesting a supplier of new, but if you are unaware , then what is it??

Anyone need a new business Op. when this disaster clears up, definitely  an opening!

DJ

• 2 months later...

Looking for original?  I just bought a NOS 15" wheel for our D24 from AMS Obsolete.  From my conversation with Anthony there, it sounds like they have quite a few MoPar wheels to choose from. They have a part number listing and inventory search function on their site.  AMSNOS.com   Best to call for quotes or ordering, tho.   

No offence to the mods/owners of this site, but for a beginner, the for sale ads/want ads are non-existent. 
there is no obvious way to browse the sale and want ads easily. One reason i go elsewhere in my quest for parts. 
this is a difficult forum to navigate, i am familiar with forums and have joined many over the years. 
which would explain the lack of traffic here. 
strict rules aside, it wouldnt hurt to warn the offending poster and perhaps add a link to where said parts may be found. Next to no effort and op gets the answers he/she is looking for. Instead of a slap in the head. My opinion.