241 Motor into 1966 Powerwagon?

DanPW

Hi.  Just got a 66 Powerwagon two weeks ago, knowing it may have a cracked block; the oil turns cloudy after 5 minutes running.  Pulling plugs tomorrow to see what I find.  There's a running 241 engine with a Fluiddrive  from a 1941 Chrysler ,with overdrive, for sale.  Will that engine bolt to my manual trans?  I've read about the crank projection but folks seems to say all 25" block engines have the same projection and will work.  Also,  how popular are the fluiddrive transmissions, i.e. how likely I can sell it?  I'm told finding a running 251 for sale is hard.  Thanks

Does it gave a 25 inch 250 engine now?

if yes a simple bolt in with the 241.

heck a 218 cdn Plymouth engine will bolt in.

Canadian 25 inch and 25 inch engines 8 bolt crank.

Lots of M37 owners swapped in 250 engines to replace 230 engines over tyme too.

Create a build thread and go at it. Helps those who may consider doing same in future...good luck

You’re going to take a step down in power, not a lot, but possibly enough to make a big difference on a heavy 4x4 truck.

I would wait and hunt for a 265 25” block, start with any of the old equipment wreckers, they were used in a lot of industrial applications, like Massey combines etc.  You very possibly just have a bad head gasket , but pulling plugs on a flathead proves basically nothing, pull the head off and have a good look, then get the head checked by a machine shop.  Fairly rare to crack one of these old blocks, unless it froze full of water.