Radiator upper seals

Ward Duffield

I would be very thankful if someone can point to a pattern or template for the above-mentioned rubber pieces (MoPar P/N 973 582 radiator seal):

"The shop said the bottom tank on that rad leaks and

would need to be fixed before use.  If I ever have to use it, I will have my top tank attached to it for non pressure  and because it has

the mounting units for those little metal fins that mount atop the P15  radiators.  I have the fins, but not the rubberized piece that

attaches to the fins.  Those pieces can be reproduced using some rubberized material, but I don't recall where to get it.  

I think greg g has a pattern for the rubber piece.......he gave me one once but not sure I can find it now.   " 

RADIATOR-SEALS.jpg

It is in the p15 d24 downloads area.  There is only one pattern as the piece is mirror image one side to the other.  Print out the download then copy adjustng the % of enlargement till it makes the ruler full size. Then the template should be at correct size.  Retainers are wire staples.

It is in the p15 d24 downloads area.  There is only one pattern as the piece is mirror image one side to the other.  Print out the download then copy adjustng the % of enlargement till it makes the ruler full size. Then the template should be at correct size.  Retainers are wire staples.

• Aha.....I see Greg (or someone) found his radiator seal sheet.  I just found the same sheet he sent me in 2003.  Measured the picture on that sheet....came out right at 13 3/4" long and approx. 3/4" wide.  Thickness approx 1/8".      I also had a second picture showing both the metal and rubber parts from 2003....don't know who the poster was.   I'll add it to the information.........****somehow, it ended up before this picture but that's ok.  The good news is these pictures
  • and other information I have collected into 4 loose-leaf notebooks since 1974 survived the Joplin tornado in 2011.  Some pages got wet enough to mess
  • them up, but probably 90 percent of the stuff survived even if a bit dirty and/or crinkled in some cases. 
  •  
  • DSC02478_1.jpg
  •  
  •  
Edited by BobT-47P15