Gas Tank Sending Unit

1. How do you access the sending unit on a Dodge B2B????

2. Is it correct that there is one wire that goes to it??

3. Hot wire into gauge in dash, then out to sending unit, correct?

59 minutes ago, FlashBuddy said:

Remove the bench seat. I used a hammer and screwdriver to tap a wing on the cover plate counter clockwise to remove it. Didn't have the correct bung wrench. Yes, one wire that sends resistance to the guage.

TY.............

• Like 1

6 hours ago, FlashBuddy said:

Remove the bench seat. I used a hammer and screwdriver to tap a wing on the cover plate counter clockwise to remove it. Didn't have the correct bung wrench. Yes, one wire that sends resistance to the guage.

It is not positive...hot???

I replaced mine with the 5 screw type, when I replaced the fuel tank. Before I put in a new tank, I had replaced the original unit with the lock ring type, had to soak it with pb blaster and beat the tar out of it to get it off. The new fuel tank insulates the sending unit from the tank with a rubber gasket, so I added a ground from the sending unit to frame along with the single wire to gauge. My truck is positive 6 volt. I’m not sure I needed to add the ground, but the manufacturer added one in their instructions.

-roland