Killion Motors, what year?

oldodge41

I found these two pics of my uncles Chrysler Plymouth dealership from back in the 40's and 50's. What year does it appear to be from the new cars? My Dad and uncles used to talk about the "Garage" all the time. These pics surfaced a couple times in the family and this time I snagged them. I don't think I posted them here before. If I did, sorry. Mom used to laugh about taking her drivers test in a tow truck, I wonder if this was it? It was definitely a family business. I don't believe they operated it into more than the mid to late 50's at most. As a kid we used to find all kinds of stuff in the attic of my grand-paps garage and he would say "just old junk from the garage". Man would I like to have that junk now!

Killion Motors Garage.png

Killion Motors Tow Truck.png

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Young Ed said:

Because of the front license plate brackets I'm going to say those are 51s. 52s had slots in bumper for the plate to bolt directly to

Great photos.  Makes me want to jump into one of those Plymouths and drive away.

Kinda strange that Chrysler included the license plate brackets on cars being shipped to a one-plate state like Pennsylvania.  When I worked at dealerships in the 1980's the front plate bracket was coded separately on the factory order  based on where the car was being shipped-to.

As the other Plymouth's are 51's..

The Chrysler most likely is a 1951 Windsor or V8 Saratoga...52's are nearly identical.