Pinstriping Wheels to match 1939 Plymouth

Richard Cope

Have been wanting to get my retro wheels pinstriped as the original 1939 Plymouth wheels were, fortunately have one original untouched wheel.  Tried the tape, however didn't have much success.  Located a local shop that does pinstriping, wheels came out great - see attached.  Recommend Kerry Buckley Pinstriping to anyone in the central NJ. area.  His # is 732-448-9668

39 Ply Wheel.png

Close Up.png

Wheel.png

Hood.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Definitely going to keep this shop in mind.  It would be a nice road trip (about 2.5 hours)  I've decided it's time for a new set of tires for my P15.  And I plan to have the wheels pinstriped as they were originally when I get the new tires.  Looks like Mr. Buckley did a great job for you.  I was thinking of attempting to perform this task myself, but then I came to my senses!?

Kerry needs the wheels off of the car, if possible recommend taking the wheels / tires to him.  He charged me a nominal fee to come to my house, however I am only about 30 min from his address.  He uses a tape which he had printed up for antique wheels and after painting peels away the tape.  

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

These look great. I was going to use both the center hubcaps and trim rings on my ‘49 Plymouth so I thought I’d give it a go after buying a proper pin stripping brush. They did not come out as nice as yours, but not really bad enough where I feel I have to put the rings on to hide my work.  Curious as to what it set you back...

7796D8A3-EF2F-41BF-BEB8-E56C03FD07F9.jpeg

2130CF99-42B8-4C50-AEF5-B14FEBF7C853.jpeg

C193DE70-614D-4205-8ADB-4195CB426E30.jpeg

• Like 1

Your wheels look great, my hand isn't steady enough to pinstripe, and was not able to get the tape to follow the circumference of the wheel.  Kerry charged me $75 per wheel, he spent a significant amount of time on each.